Video Games as a Scapegoat

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by hiddenninja17, Nov 11, 2008.

1. hiddenninja17

hiddenninja17 Ancient

I'm going to be doing a research paper on how the media/parents/Jack Thompson have used video games as a scapegoat, just as they have used death metal, rap, and the like. Why do people not understand that video games are just for fun, and that the people who commit crimes and play video games are already screwed up, they don't get driven over the edge by games? Thoughts on this? When will the madness stop?

2. Kitten X

Kitten X Ancient

Video games may have an effect on many young children, as well as few teens. It is outrageous that it is being blamed for all the childrens' problems. I blame the parents, not games, for exposing their kids to games, especially if they already have issues.

3. Danny1221

Danny1221 Ancient

I think one reason they can use games if because almost all kids play them, they are realistic now and also not many adults play them. It something that can be easily blamed on.

When manhunt 2 was banned, I thought up the question:

What is the point of the age rate system when you are just going to ban games anyway?

Defeats the point of the system.

4. Willmatic

Willmatic Ancient

Well the more I play gang games like GTA and Saints Row the more I want to be one but other than that it doesn't tell me grab a chainsaw and go to a mall and dress up in a hotdog suit and go kill people. Thompson needs to get bent.