Viaduct

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by Okasi, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Okasi

Okasi Forerunner

"Many structures were repurposed during the war. Some served as tactical waystations, others as unmarked graves for the masses."
    [​IMG]

I originally tailored Viaduct to serve for big-team slayer game types, however being a big and surprisingly versatile map, i played with the budget limit (and the unknown item limit i ran into) to allow for the greater span of game-types attributed to this map. Admittedly, there is room for improvement with game-types relying on hill spawns, but i believe i've created a map that is for the most part enjoyable.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The map is symmetrical with near-perfect precision, described by its name "Viaduct" - essentially a bridge that serves for more than one form of transportation.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It has two levels, the top-bridge and the underneath which consists of mirrored and interconnected miniature bridges. There are eight paths that allow you to move down a level, and of those eight, six that allow you to move up a level without the aid of a jetpack.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Of these 8 paths, two are teleporter based. The teleporter "doors" are protected by one-way shield doors to prohibit 'camping' behind them.

[​IMG]
    Two mongooses (mongeese? lol) are provided for fast transport on top-bridge and, with enough dexterity, the catwalks underneath. As far as weapons are concerned:

[​IMG]
    Top-Bridge
    4 DMR's

[​IMG]
    2 Grenade launchers at opposite lengths of the map, protected by an anti-camping deathcage

[​IMG]
    2 Needlers on opposite corners
    2 Needle rifles
    2 Human turrets on top of tunnels that cover the Top-bridge teleporters

[​IMG]
    1 Shotgun in Center
    4 Health Packs
    4 Frag/4 plasma

[​IMG]
    Catwalks (being that the map is symmetrical, i took a picture of Blue side
    4 DMR's

[​IMG]
    2 Sniper rifles at opposite lengths of the map to form a sniper alley along the middle length of the map

[​IMG]
    2 plasma pistols
    2 Assault Rifles
    2 Magnums
    2 Needle Rifles
    2 Plasma Rifles

[​IMG]
    1 Rocket launcher on a hovering center platform accessable by man-cannons and jumping from twin-bridges in the center of the catwalks. This weapon is only available in slayer.
    2 Health packs
    2 Frag/4 Plasma

#1 Okasi, Apr 17, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2011
  2. ChronoTempest

ChronoTempest Senior Member

You'll need a picture or two in the thread as well. Check this out if you're not sure how to do that.

3. Okasi

Okasi Forerunner

I should be able to post more pictures on Tuesday, my day off. Themes will include images of key locations, a top down of player/weapon spawns of both Top-bridge and Catwalks. The map's design prevents me from taking pictures at viable angles, so i will be deleting Top Bridge to provide the necessary shots. ^^

4. raptororieon

raptororieon Forerunner

Yep you should really add more pics cause you can't see very much of the map from that one pic, from that you can see it looks nice though :D