(Vertigo) HtH Honesty

Discussion in 'WIP - Works In Progress' started by Super Majin Vegeta, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Super Majin Vegeta

Super Majin Vegeta Forerunner

HtH Honesty
    Vertigo has such an awesome palette, so i decided to forge an 1vs1 map on this canvas.

Some Screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Do you like it? :)

2. Teancum

Teancum Promethean

That, my good sir, is gorgeous. I'm gonna have to take time away to forge on Vertigo now.

3. Audienceofone

Audienceofone Forerunner

Is... is this Halo: CE? Beautiful.

That being said, I have a criticism. This is very boring for a 1v1. It looks like a small 4v4 dessign, honestly. Add some more cover (I think if I were to get on this map I would be able to see across it from end to end in many areas) but make that cover structural in nature. Add building structure and rooms. You can keep it symmetrical, but don't use a boring arena design like this for a 1v1. You can do so much more.

4. Teancum

Teancum Promethean

I disagree. This is awesome, no-frills, classic-styled gameplay. Probably not fit for the more competitive, but we casual folks prefer to be able to see further than fifteen feet out. I dunno. I still hearken back to the days of the original Jedi Knight on the PC, but then again that game has no zoomed weapons.

#4 Teancum, Aug 24, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  5. Audienceofone

Audienceofone Forerunner

You sort of proved my point. If this was Halo: CE this would be fine. Now, however, the game has changed. Also, I don't ask to see only 15 feet away. I ask to not be able to see across the map in several sightlines.

That being said, I do prefer more complex (though still clean) designs in smaller maps. That may be influencing me somewhat in my comments.

6. SilentA98

SilentA98 Promethean

Looks great! Simplistic and beautiful on a gorgeous pallet. I personally think the cover is fine, but then again Audi would know better than I...

Can I ask where you found the modded map? (Becuase this is definitely modded.)

7. a Chunk

a Chunk Blockout Artist
    Forge Critic Wiki Contributor Senior Member

The layout is fine depending upon the type of gameplay you want. Right now, the focus will be more on shooting ability, which is perfectly okay. Following Audi's advice would shift the focus to a more holistic test of skills, making things like predicting your opponents movement more difficult AND more important. It's a matter of preference really.

8. Chronmeister

Chronmeister Blockhead
    Forge Critic Senior Member

I guess we can post modded maps now huh? That kinda takes the challenge out of making a map with the given budget. I could dream up some pretty crazy stuff on forge island if that is the case. I was inspired to forge on this map after looking the palate, but there are only 12 pieces of base structure given and the area of the map this was built in has invisible barriers. It makes so much sense that this site has rules about ridiculous things but at the same time ignores the rules of the game that the site was built around.

9. Fauch

Fauch Ancient

is that map as good to forge on as it looks on those pictures?

10. VwS Executioner

VwS Executioner Sweaty Online Warrior

Only if you mod it