Vertebraille

Discussion in 'Featured Maps' started by Iv0rY Snak3, Aug 29, 2008.

?

How would you rate this map

1. Poor

2.4%
  2. Okay

0.8%
  3. Average

4.1%
  4. Good

14.6%
  5. Great

78.0%
  1. Cryptokid

Cryptokid Ancient

Wow this got featured fast! Now silence has premium YAY! It's a very good map and I totaly knew it would get featured nice job silence!

2. JSlayer7

JSlayer7 Ancient

My mind-reading powers still work wonders. I knew, right after this was posted, that it was going to be featured. Probably because you stood up to the "hype" that there was for your next map (at least I thought so, lol). This map proves that simplicity is beautiful, and it also plays really well with small games. Great job, silence.

3. Pennywiez

Pennywiez Ancient

wow this one is really cool like it looks great and the gameplay looks good to especially since you made the map symmetrical and assymetrical good job

4. Zeta Arcadee

Zeta Arcadee Ancient

Great job! This is an awesome map, and the looks are fantastic.

5. Joker Dan

Joker Dan Ancient

This is one of the few featured maps I see and instead of saying "that looks good", I say "That looks good because it makes me want to play on it. oh yeah and it just looks really good too." DL ing now. (I will try to remember to edit this with feedback)

[EDIT]:

Weapons:
    I am surprised at how powerful the plasma rifle is... I actually think it needs a longer respawn time with 4 on the map. I was doing a 1 on 1 with nicjgoat and he got a killing spree with those things! also the needler isn't quite as useful as it should be for the effort to get to it.
    Geometry:
    the bridges of the top level are too easy to camp in slayer. you sit there and crouch and unleash a barrage on the players who spawn before they know what hit them. I'm not sure how you would fix this, but it hurts small team matches. as for the rest of the map, great job. navigation is intuitive and simple. more feedback later.

#45 Joker Dan, Aug 29, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2008
  6. Fly

Fly Ancient

Ha nice silence. I knew this would get here. I actually have one of these concepts in my map. 5 Star feature for sure.

7. Obibital

Obibital Ancient

Finally people have seen the awesomeness in this map now it can be seen by all! yes great job thesilenceisbroken.

8. xYx ZeuS xYx

xYx ZeuS xYx Ancient

Great map! 5/5, also, if he DOES have a premium, congratz

9. Awkward Silence

Awkward Silence Ancient

I can't say enough about this map. You have officially raised the bar for all maps to come. This is what a featured map is.

10. Gollygeeanelite

Gollygeeanelite Ancient

I'm sorry to say, but this map isn't the best. It does deserve a 5/5 (And I think you can even look at my comments on this) but the pit isn't anything special. In fact sometimes you don't even die. The map is small in general and the variants aren't the best for it because the bases are so close.

11. Frito Bandito 7

Frito Bandito 7 Ancient

My god this map is beautiful lol i mean, the layout of it and the way it plays is perfect. This is ridiculously awesome. This map is beautiful both asthetically and gameplay wise. Congratulations on premium too... you are an excellent forger

12. M.Jelleh

M.Jelleh Ancient

This deserved to be featured so much. I saw this when it first came out and I was all like: EPIC WIN! And I just saw your covenant skin thing and I thought that was pretty cool. Congrats man.

13. TNF

TNF Ancient

Haha, nice job thesilencebroken, I knew this had a pretty good chance of getting featured. Testing this map was awesome. You forget you're in Foundry in this map. Congrats on the premium.

14. Rogue Shadow IV

Rogue Shadow IV Ancient

The first to pictures are of the room were you get the ice beam in Metroid Prime the first one. Thats were you have to go into ball mode and roll to the top, but firtst you hed to get rid of the water. Its the level of the bug creature.

15. LieutenantAshler

It was only a matter of time. A feature was inevitable. When I first saw this map, I almost gave up forging, I thought, "I'll never match up to that." Excelent work, Silence. I have realized that if I am going to Keep forging happily, I should only compare my work to my previous creations.

16. Metallic Snake

Metallic Snake Ancient

hehe, yep, this is definetly worth the feature. i dont get many custom games in, because most of my XBL friends are stupid and cant stand foundry, but the 15 or so i had on this map were the best ive had in a good long forever.

17. Warfang

Warfang Ancient

This is the best competitive map I have on my hardrive at this moment, and its basically filled to the brim with Forgehub maps. Thats saying alot.

Back to the map. The middle "pit" is a great addition to an already 5 star map, as were the ingenious space-saving elevators, skillfully interlocked into the stairs. Even though there is a shotgun, balance is maintained with fusion coils strategically placed in camping spots. The variety of range is perfect for small teams, even down to 1v1.

Final Score: 5/5

18. DRO Maelstrom

DRO Maelstrom Ancient

I just got done testing this thing. Great job Silence. I loved Bayonetwork when you released it, and I love your symmetrical maps as well.

No complaints for this map. You have everything I wanted. Shotgun with no extra bullets was a perfect power weapon, and it isn't even that useful for a weapon. Love the weapon layout, love the spawns (which I didn't get to fully explore in testing, but I looked at locations and probable spawning areas in forge), and I love the deathpit (which is actually really easy to avoid, it just adds something else to focus on, where your walking).

Feature was well deserved.

19. sangheili dude

sangheili dude Ancient

it maybe small but it sure has very good interlocking i cant belive it was once foundry and i like those fall to the death teleporters in the middle.

20. Cookieking23

Cookieking23 Ancient

Very nice, a perfect Symmetrical map such as this is always a plus in my book. There are no power weapons that people will sit on either, making for a much more competitive game. Definitely going to be showing this to some of my buddies. 5/5