Vertebraille. v2

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by thesilencebroken, Aug 15, 2008.

1. ToochieHxC

ToochieHxC Ancient

only a matter of time buddy, only a matter of time.

very impressive.

2. The Real KingLS2

Im so happy you did a V2 well its still 10/10 just with bugs fixed thanx!
    SilenceIzGodz!

#102 The Real KingLS2, Aug 19, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2008
  3. The Flappy

The Flappy Ancient

This is the best map I've ever seen

4. zackj191

zackj191 Ancient

I don't normally post on forgehub(I believe I may have 1 or 2 posts) maps, but this map deserves a post to say how awsome it is! This map has everything a player could want, it looks very nice, has obstacles to avoid while fighting so its not just a open room, and provides a challenge in objective games. This map is awsome and definatly deserves a Feature someday, hopefully very soon! Please Forgehub community, recognize this map for its brilliance!

5. squidhands

squidhands Ancient

The lifts on v2 work beautifully, sir. Even a crappy player like me can get up to the bridges in one try. Thanks for taking the painstaking time to make an update. Everyone should download this now.

6. J A Y

J A Y Ancient

I downloaded it from your recommendation on XBL. I had a look around and I really liked how you fixed the grav lifts. I have yet to play on V2 to see if the spawns are better, I will get back to you when I have.

7. xSharpshooter94

xSharpshooter94 Ancient

looks like ill have to DL to see if i can have a good time seeing if it gooble proof...i dont know why but it is just a ton of fun to see if i can break your maps

8. Pirates

Pirates Ancient

...and you don't have a premium yet?
    This map is so neat I might have to actually keep it on my xbox (lol Vorpal)
    jk. I love this map, everything is flawless, even the difference from 2-flag to 1-flag amazes me
    this is a true master piece, and it's not worse than Bayonetwork, it's just different

9. xSharpshooter94

xSharpshooter94 Ancient

I couldn't Resist

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Sorry buddy i couldn't resist

10. squidhands

squidhands Ancient

Holy ****, you are so cool, dude. You escaped a map and you totally put thesilencebroken in his place. I wish we could all be as cool as you are.

QFT

11. Brownie7997

Brownie7997 Ancient
    Banned

0.0 thism ap looks really nice i love it

12. xSharpshooter94

xSharpshooter94 Ancient

wow squid take a joke i was just screwin around and thought id make a joke to my friend silence. he already knows it is breakable and that is why i knew he would take no offense to that.

13. overthehodge

overthehodge Ancient

well done, after seeing u construct some of this i knew it would be fantastic. its 5/5 from me and u are a forging GOD!

14. zackj191

zackj191 Ancient

V2 is breakable, i found it while just messing around on the map looking for hiding spots. I'll gets some pics(hopefully) but other than that, what you do is jump on the barrier, short near the Overshields, then throw a grenade down and do a grenade jump out of the corner where the double box and fence box are interlocked, and you crouch and can get out, takes a couple tries, and is very hard, probably impossible to do while fighting. Yea, it's very very difficult have to time it on the dot.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#114 zackj191, Aug 21, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2008
  15. thesilencebroken

thesilencebroken Jill Sandwich

thanks, but im not worried about it. if you can do it in the middle of a normal sized game, id be slightly.... slightly more worried about it.

16. Snipermaster

Snipermaster Ancient

Nice map, I played 2 v 2 with my friends, and it was awesome!
    I like how you put the sword and gravity hammer outside of the map in the fence boxes, because they distract my noob friends. Here's an exact quote from my friend:
    "Why does he put the gravity hammer there when you can't get it?"
    Then I killed him.

BUT, I have seen a problem. In the death pit thing, I fell into it twice, and both times, I just ended up in another teleporter in the pit, and I didn't die.

Otherwise, this a great map. Nice job on it.

17. zackj191

zackj191 Ancient

Ya, i found that also that two of the telporters are two-way nodes not senders.

18. Bottlecap

Bottlecap Ancient

Yeah what is up with the death pit Silence? The rest of the map is pretty awesome, but real death pits force slide players into them, in this map it is hardly a hazard... which is actually kinda funny. I've found one little teleporter that shoots me through another one, I use it all the time to escape. My enemies will thnk I've died and then I kill em, lol, was that intentional to not have all the death pit sections dealing the death?

Paulie Walnuttz likes this.
  19. Snipermaster

Snipermaster Ancient

I don't think that he purposely did that. I think he ran out of Sender Nodes so he had to use Two-Way Nodes, and those are connected to each other. Maybe it's random, because I never die when I go into the pit, but my friend ALWAYS does.

But The Yellow, I think the pit isn't just a slide into it and die pit, I think it is a jump into and die pit. Because most people won't fall into the pit, but when they are in battle and are jumping around, they sometimes fall straight into the pit. When I played a 2 v 2, the enemies jumped into the pit accidentally about three [3] times.

20. thesilencebroken

thesilencebroken Jill Sandwich

Snipe master is kinda right. I did make a mistake when building and i lost the last two Sender nodes. There was no way around it, so i used 2 ways. I dont find it destroys gameplay. Wasnt what i wanted, but i guess nothings perfect. Glad to hear you didnt hate this one.

The pit wasnt designed to be a standard death pit. I wanted it so that you can take risks and walk under the bridges to take cover. It REALLY adds into the factors that make Team Moshpit and Territories amazing to me. If you improperly jump, or go too low, you're punished for it. Its all just there to add to the experience. I think with how small it is, it'd suck to just instantly die if you even got close to the pit.