2-4 Players Vermillion

Discussion in 'Halo 4 Archive' started by Squidkake, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Squidkake

Squidkake Forerunner

Hey guys at Forgehub. I know I recently posted another map, but I've been finished with this one, just too lazy to post it. It went through many major changes until I decided to make it a 2v2 or 2-4 player FFA map. The weapons are mentioned in the video, and picures are provided as well. Please leave some feeback and enjoy.

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

#1 Squidkake, Aug 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2013
  2. HissingWings

HissingWings Promethean

I didn't watch the video and based on the pictures I can't really get a good idea of the layout but the onething I can talk about is the aesthetics. I think you should really try and change them up a little. Having the same piece over and over can make the map seem really bland or ugly. Breaking up the repeating textures will make this map look a lot better imo

3. Squeak

Squeak Promethean

Just from looking at the pictures I have to say that I don't like the flooring pattern. I will give it a download and play it and give feedback though.

4. LaZy IrIsH

LaZy IrIsH Promethean

I have to agree with the others the repetitive textures is a bit off putting when I had a run around on your map. Even if you just replace the stunt ramps on the horizonal floors and maybe spin the roof block round to a different side it would make the map look a lot better.

5. ACID REFLEX

ACID REFLEX Promethean

What you should focus on is cleaning up the map a little, I think it's a decent 2v2 but it could use a little more height elevations in the narrow flat spots and maybe section it up a little,With the RAMP STUNT's try and keep them to a striping around the main room and put other flooring around it, A good piece to use especially on Ravine is a TOWER 3 STORY, turn it upside down and voila you have a decent amount of smooth floor space, Do a little work on it and I think it's pretty good! Oh yeah and random weapon spawns are bad. No one likes randomness, that's why people don't like Halo 4 in general. I get what you were going for with the twist of gameplay, I suggest making the OS a Speed Boost and also making it an initial spawn at 80 secs. In my experience this works really well for 2v2's where the OS seems too powerful, and heres why, In a 4v4 setting when a player grabs OS if he rushes he will most likely get team shot by 3-4 players, In a 2v2 setting he can only ever be shot by 2 players therefore giving him a much larger advantage and opportunity for kills. I hope this was helpful and like to see new forgers making content!

6. Squidkake

Squidkake Forerunner

Thankyou guys for the feedback. I will go back and change some of the flooring and try and put in some more height variations or just make a new map with the same concept. And to Acid Reflex, I appreciate the suggestions.