Vent Your Frustrations!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Xun, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Kamera

Kamera Ancient

I'm stuck in Indianapolis on a business trip so I can't play Halo: MCC (already pre-loaded) until Friday.

2. xxBRYTExx

xxBRYTExx Ancient

I have been designing a new product at my place of employ when my bosses boss calls me and says hey you know that thing your designing well I just sold one. Now so that you all have this in context. This product I am designing is going to be a game changer in the blown film extrusion/conversion industry (Not something one can just make without extensive design/testing). So I have been racing the clock to finish this game changing project on time and today like 10 min ago I had a meeting with my bosses boss about sed project. Upon seeing my design he asks me where certain features were located. Apparently my boss and bosses boss had a meeting 3 weeks ago and decided the scope of my project was going to change. I was not informed. The new features will require almost a complete redesign. FML

As an engineer I can wholeheartedly say I can only design to the specifications provided. I'm not gonna make you a rocket ship when your only asking for a moped so don't expect a damn rocket ship.