Vent Your Frustrations!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Xun, Jul 27, 2011.

1. V

V Ancient

Nifty, I think that's the Alpha Nu chapter if I'm not mistaken; I remember because we're the Alpha Xi and Xi comes right after Nu in the alphabet. I don't know anything really about your chapter though, the closest I know is Alpha Kappa at Alabama University, because one of my pledge brothers is transferring there and we visited it. Pretty cool group of guys there and they're actually gettin a brand new house next year. Also, southern fraternities are considerably different from the northern ones so that was pretty cool getting to experience that.

I actually do that sometimes. Mainly because one of my buddies likes to chill in his monster of a basement and blare music whilst gaming when I usually come over and he can't hear his doorbell but he notices his phone going off.

It pains me to have friends who embody the "annoying facebook girl" meme.

2. RoboArtist

RoboArtist Forerunner

Today I was driving with my dad, and I make a couple mistakes along the way (still new to driving). He yells at me and says ill never be able to drive and goes on and on about it to the point where I wish I could just knock him square in the face and get away with it.
    I dont know anymore. I thought my parents were the greatest thing in the world when i was a child, now I cant even stand being around them. I feel that they just use me as a punching-bag from all the little troubles they go through day to day. And I know I cant do anything about it.
    The thing is, my parents are the worst hypocrites in the world. They yell at me for going 5 miles over the speed limit while I see them sometimes go 10 over. Also to mention my dad texts and drives, putting us all at risk, yet hates it when others do it (which I dont). I try to tell them whats on my mind, but they just mute me out and pretend to understand what I mean, and the next day nothings changed.
    I just want to be away for a long time. No rules, no-one to tell me what to do. Just me, an Xbox, a giant open back yard, and all the time I could ask for. But it isnt that way. Apparently its people's sole purpose to make sure I dont.
    Im not emo, and im not a slack off, I just would love a world without adults (Jimmy Neutron lol)

#522 RoboArtist, Jun 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2012
  3. REMkings

REMkings BIOC
    Forge Critic Senior Member

No offence, but that's puberty. That time of a person's life is just very difficult to deal with for some people, but you will probably get over and you will learn to respect your parents again, and so will they when it comes to respecting you.

Now about my own frustrations.
    Okay so here we go.

****ING GERMANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#523 REMkings, Jun 14, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  4. pinohkio

pinohkio Ancient

CoD server's are down, just as I finished my precalc finals too.

5. cluckinho

cluckinho Well Known

Wrong thread

#525 cluckinho, Jun 14, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  6. pinohkio

pinohkio Ancient

How so?

7. Xun

Xun The Joker

He must have posted something meant for another thread. Or he can't figure out where he is. Either way, I'm eating chocolate cookies!

8. pinohkio

pinohkio Ancient

I am frustrated at the fact that I don't have chocolate cookies.

9. Monolith

Monolith Ancient

I do, chewy ones. In my fridge.

I'm not very frustrated now as my birthday's coming up very soon :D

10. Xun

Xun The Joker

Yeh, you seem to be a lot less frustrated since you finished college, Erico, it's a bit disconcerting. Are you completely finished or just on a break?

Also, I'm frustrated that none of the companies I've applied to for jobs have gotten back to me yet. I really want to change jobs as my current one sucks a bums' nutsack.

11. Monolith

Monolith Ancient

I'm on a break and will probably be finished within 3 & 1/2 years. Hopefully I only get one more random roommate. I plan on getting a single apartment or rooming with a buddy or two after that :D

Though am rather unhappy with my current school and would like to transfer and don't know where or when to. We'll see XD

12. pinohkio

pinohkio Ancient

Cops called 20 minutes ago, mum got arrested. ****ing told her so, but she's an idiot.

13. Xun

Xun The Joker

What the hell? Why'd she get arrested?

14. pinohkio

pinohkio Ancient

Public intoxication, DUI, etc.

I can't wait until the fall term starts, I can finally get out of here.

15. ♥ Sky

♥ Sky I Beat the old Staff!

Working as a Theme Park ride operator SUCKS.

No matter what you do, the customers never seem happy. I try and be nice to people and be considerate but in my head I'm thinking "**** off and go home". It's like I don't exist sometimes. If they want to come on my ride the kids will be arrogant little ****ers and won't wait patiently while the last load of people get off the ride. Then there's the kids that have a hissy fit when they can't sit at the front etc. I'm stood there like a ****ing lemon while the adult just lets their child cry their eyes out and in the end they get the signals I'm giving them and either shut the little ****er up or get off the ride.

Then there's the height restrictions. They're there for a ****ing reason. I'm in charge of your child's safety while they're on my ride and so if they're too small they can **** right off. I don't care how close they are to being at the right height, if they're too small then they're too ****ing small. End of. Don't try and make them seem taller either because that doesn't work. If I ask you to go on with your child, or ask you to find some more adults as you need more to go on with the children, don't complain and ask "can we all fit in one cart?" or "I'll sit behind and watch them" or "what about if they go on with their older brother/sister?" or "can't you get a member of staff to come on with them?" No No No No ****ing No. An adult is someone who is over the age of 18, not your 12 year old son/daughter who happens to be just above the height limit. If you want to come on my ride, you obey the rules and keep your ****ing mouth shut.

If I didn't make you follow the rules your beloved child could get hurt. Not that I care. For all I care they can do what the **** they want. Don't wear the safety harness on a 60mph ride. I'm not the one who has to scrape the remains of your child from the nearest wall because they were stupid enough to not wear the safety harness am I? The worst thing that can happen to me is that I lose my job, but your child will be DEAD. So listen and pay attention or you won't have a child by the end of the day.

If you're nice to me, pay attention and thank me for keeping you safe I'll be happy to smile and wish you a pleasant day, but if you're rude and arrogant I hope your child goes flying and you have to scrape their bloody remains from the wall of the castle.

Finally the pay. I get £5.65 an hour (~$8.00/h). I'm trusted to operate dangerous equipment and look after people and make sure they are safe while on the ride and the pay for this is ridiculous. I know many don't have jobs but for simply being in the line of fire near heavy and dangerous equipment with loads of unknown variables where anything could possibly go wrong, no matter how minute the chances, I think I deserve a little more than what is basically minimum wage for it.

I'm done here.

16. pinohkio

pinohkio Ancient

Do you get discounts?

17. Black Theorem

Black Theorem Ancient
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Wtf, mcdonalds employee it does not take 20 minutes to make 2 double cheeseburgers, no pickles, and a small mocha frappe.

Got me missing damn near my whole 30 min lunch break, standing near the counter when ive been on my swollen heels for 6 hours already ****ing smh

18. ♥ Sky

♥ Sky I Beat the old Staff!

Only if I spend about 3 weeks badgering a manager do I get any sort of free stuff.

19. Monolith

Monolith Ancient

I can see how working at a theme park would be one giant headache. Dealing with small kids, working around loud, dangerous equipment, etc. At least you don't get your hands too dirty, and the pay isn't terrible lol

My job involves a boss who constantly watches my work. I work on a fishing boat and the customers will sit back, eat food, drink beer, enjoy life, while I do the dirty work/listen to commands from my captain whom sits up and drives/barks orders lol. I meet interesting tourists and everything, but every so often you get that guy/family who is just too intense with fishing and would rather sit in silence for 5 hours than carry on some sort of a conversation. so you basically just stand there looking at water thinking about who the hell knows what, which can be interesting at first, but gets boring and monotonous fast >.<. Especially since I generally don't see/talk with anyone my age and can't just sit back and relax because you constantly put up a "show" for people <- the tourist business. I'm a pretty good people person, but not with people who are extremely serious and/or not talkative.

Oh, and I gotta wake up at 3:50 am, 5-6 days a week. Got 3 and a half hours of sleep last night -.- Not to mention my hands are dry, peeling, and itch like hell

#539 Monolith, Jun 16, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2012
  20. A Legit Taco

A Legit Taco Forerunner

I know exactly what your talking about. I can't trust myself to have the motivation to do the work. My grades slip so fast it's not even funny. Every class seems to be at least 20% below my reasonably high average, and will lower it a ****-ton.