Venerate

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by SilverJoachim, Jan 26, 2011.

1. SilverJoachim

SilverJoachim Forerunner

[​IMG]
    Description: Not even the Flood could halt the everlasting war waged between the Reds and the Blues. 4-12 players

First off I wish to start by telling you that this map might seem familiar as it has been announced before in an earlier unbalanced version requesting feedback and play-testers.

[​IMG]

I did enlist many play-testers and substitutes for the play-testers for a play-test, but unfortunately almost no one showed up. Luckily for me, a guy named IXI Sparky showed up and helped me fix my map by giving me some feedback on how he felt about the map and what could use some changing and perfecting.

[​IMG]

A few days later he and some friends were playing together in a 4v4 party and they then decided to try out my map, he then proceeded to send me a film of the game so that I might oversee the flow of the game as an observer. I was very pleased with what I saw.

[​IMG]

Weapons:

Needle Rifle x2
    1 for each side, both on a 50 sec respawn and 1 spare clip.

Plasma Pistol x2
    1 on each side of the center, both with a 60 sec respawn.

Concussion Rifle x1
    Placed in the dead center of the map, on a 120 sec respawn with 2 spare clips.

Spiker Rifle x2
    1 for each side, both on a 60 sec respawn with 2 spare clips.

Fragment Grenades x4
    2 for each side, all on a 45 sec respawn.

Plasma Grenade x4
    2 for each side, all on a 45 sec respawn.

Plasma Repeater x2
    1 for each side, both on a 50 sec respawn.

Sniper Rifle x2
    1 for each side, both on a 120 sec respawn with 1 spare clip.

Needler x2
    1 for each side, both on a 60 sec respawn with 1 spare clip.

Plasma Rifle x2
    1 for each side, both on a 45 sec respawn.

Assault Rifle x2
    2 for each side, all on a 50 sec respawn with 2 spare clips.

Magnum x2
    2 for each side, all on a 60 sec respawn with 2 spare clips.

[​IMG]

Health Stations:

Health Station x4
    1 for each side of the center, and 1 for each base, all on a 45 sec respawn.

Spawn Points:

Initial Spawn x26
    13 for each side of the map.

Respawn Point x28
    14 for each side of the map.

[​IMG]

Red Team's Play-Testers:

xXxGho5txXx10

B Strike Recon

IXI Sparky

xxXXWoLvErInEXX

Blue Team's Play-Testers:

CarvedMagic99

hitmanwillmott

hitmanwillmot(1)

new ruler7697

2. ConcentricThree

ConcentricThree Forerunner

Looks great man, my only concerns are that its abit flat and there seems to me not much cover on it. If you want help testing or playing then give us a shout. Ill download and have a look.

Also I think everyone should stop with the whole water idea now its getting abit samey!!!

3. Mister man 1217

Mister man 1217 Forerunner

From looking at the Screenshots, I believe I am noticing little things that bug me.

The maps player movement pattern is made up of walking from walkway, which seem open and could use buildings and other covers in between because a Jet-Packer would dominate the map flying from one walkway to another killing everyone.

4. TheOlympicWolf

TheOlympicWolf Forerunner

Agreed, it looks like it could be very easily dominated by a single person with a jetpack due to the condensed frame created by the pathways and the seemingly lacking amount of cover. Maybe make a new version that is more spread out with blocks, or if you dont like the blocks, add some another level of walkway bridges and make more of them for the first and second levels to lessen the condension of players on them. And it may be just me, but when I first looked at the picture of your map, the walkways seem to form a swastica looking figure... I figure that was purly unintentional, but some others might take offense to tht if they saw what I saw on first glance. Maybe find some way to fix it, make more curves of something midway through the walkways so as to distort the image. But overall, seems like a good map for people to practice on. Good Job

5. seredhras

seredhras Forerunner

28 spawns isn't alot
    and you probably can't put more because walkway style maps are crap for spawning (i tried too)
    please tell me they are not team assigned, because then I think it would be too easy to spaen trap