Velocity Toss

Discussion in 'Reach Mini Game Maps' started by cluckinho, May 30, 2011.

1. cluckinho

cluckinho Well Known

[​IMG]

An Introduction
    Well hello all, and welcome to my latest creation, Velocity Toss. I kinda wanted to like make a Grifball-esque map combined with a more sporty feel. This is the first map that I've actually continually worked with and tweaked with out releasing it too early. Some don't like it, many do, but the uniqueness of it is the reason why you need to check it out. Learn more about how this game works down below.

The Game
    Alright, so like I said above, Velocity Toss is very similar to Grifball. It is played best with teams of four. Your goal is to shoot a grenade launcher shot into the opposing team's hole, this will reward you with one point. Your gonna have to get fairly close if you don't have any shooting skills, cause the hole is fairly small. You can only kill your enemy through beatdowns, your grenade launchers have little effect. There are two classes to choose from: Grenadier, which is just sprint, and Saboteur, which is just Evade. Games are five minutes long, with unlimited scoring.

[​IMG]

The Map
    The map that you will be playing games of Velocity Toss is Ivory Court. Ivory Court has been through very many versions just to get games of Velocity Toss more fun. Figuring out how to get scoring to work was definitely the largest issue, but rest assured, everything works perfectly. There is also no framerate, even in splitscreen. Here are some images of Ivory Court.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tipz
    •Play defense. If you don't play D, the other team could just chill in front of your goal.
    •Sprint is better suited for defense while Evade is nice for attacking.
    •Don't just focus on killing.
    •You and your opponents are immune to assassinations animations.

Special Thanks
    CAPNxCANT
    Spawn of Saltine
    Pyro666
    Confused Flamingo
    SunBakedHero
    cory021
    McDanishTuesday
    NUBxCAKE PRO
    CAPTAIN O8VIOUS​

Other dudes I forgot, and thanks to all of the testers and the TG.

#1 cluckinho, May 30, 2011
    Last edited: May 31, 2011
  2. jameslieb1

jameslieb1 Ancient

Huh, this is pretty interesting. I think the idea is cool, but I have the feeling the gameplay will just end up with a both teams huddled around the opposite team's goal, continuously shooting grenades into it. But I won't make assumptions, so I'm gonna give it a download and try it out for myself. :)

3. konradtacular

konradtacular Forerunner

I would have to disagree with jameslieb1 because they can kill the opponents so they won't be able to camp. But actually now that I have read the rules I think that the grenade launcher needs to be stronger.

#3 konradtacular, May 30, 2011
    Last edited: May 30, 2011
  4. k1rby33

k1rby33 Forerunner

Pretty cool idea, but I have to agree with jameslieb1. You should make the players also start with a magnum or sec weapon that causes fair amount of damage so the players
    wont camp. Very creative though.

#4 k1rby33, May 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2011
  5. CAPTAIN O8VIOUS

CAPTAIN O8VIOUS Forerunner

If you are reading this, download now. To cartograph, I had thought this was already posted and you were just tweaking it. It's really fun and I liked the addition of the seperate classes, it added diversity to the game play. I also like the random objects under the windows because... well, no reason really. I just like random things :) Also, i disagree with adding secondary weapons because that would actually promote camping on a different level, because people would take advantage of the range and gun people down before they have a chance to score. I honestly don't see what promotes camping all you have to do is kill them while they are lining up the shot and poof camper eliminated. Also, sorry for the lengthy post and using not one but two smiley faces :) I say 11/10 great job and thanks for not kicking me due to the constant bickering of my two brothers in the background. It also feels cool to have played the testing phase on something, never done that before

#5 CAPTAIN O8VIOUS, May 31, 2011
    Last edited: May 31, 2011
  6. Warriorii

Warriorii Forerunner

Hmmm...you sure that hole is big enough to score? Seems iffy but I guess only downloading it will answer my question...

7. cluckinho

cluckinho Well Known

Bumpage..

@James, If each team plays defense, it doesnt happen.
    @Konrad, I've tried it that way, and a weak GL is for the better.
    @Kirby, nah I don't think that'd work too well.
    @Captain, thanks man. Any testers are always welcome:]