Vehicular Warfare

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by swampiedonkey, Nov 4, 2010.

1. swampiedonkey

swampiedonkey Forerunner

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bungie.net : Halo: Reach Forum : Forge Map: Vehicular Warfare (Looking for playtesters)

This is a map on Forge World, customized of course, based mainly on use of vehicles. Currently I only have one gametype designed for it, Invasion, but there are more to come.

There is a staging area for each team so that even if somehow you manage to lose your vehicle, all you have to do is die, and you will be presented with a new one. From this staging area, there is a teleporter that takes you to one of the 10 teleporter exits throughout the map and into battle.

The gametype Vehicluar Invasion starts with the Spartans defending, and the Elites trying to capture one of two territories with only warthogs. At this point there is only one loadout for each team.

In phase 2, each team will be presented with a Banshee and a Falcon in addition to the already available warthogs, and 2 more loadouts. The Elites will need to get the bomb from on top of a platform that is only accessible from with a flying vehicle. Then drop it down to someone on the ground. Then plant it in one of two plant points, both of which are up high, but can be accessed by foot if you so choose, though I would not recommend it.

Finally phase 3 is a core capture that runs along the ridge next to the canyon, but can be accessed by all vehicles. Speaking of which, each team will now be given 2 ghosts, 2 revnants, and a wraith in addition to the already available vehicles. There will also be 2 more loadouts available.

Please keep in mind that I have only been able to playtest this with 2 other people, but I am currently looking for other playtesters as well as tips to make the map and gametype better.

#1 swampiedonkey, Nov 4, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2010
  2. pyro

pyro The Joker

Most invasion maps are vehicle based, so this is nothing special, and because of the difference between Elites and Spartans, it is generally best to make invasion maps assymetrical. This map would probably be best for other gametypes.

Generally forcing players to die to get a new vehicle is frowned upon. Just because Bungie does that does not mean it's a good idea.
    Invasion usually gives covenant vehicles/weapons to Elites and UNSC vehicles/weapons to Spartans. Although this is mostly to keep with the storyline, it provides special gameplay that most invasion fanatics are looking for.

It's best to make another way for players to get to the bomb in case their aircraft are destroyed. There should be at least one mancannon/teleporter, but you can still make it difficult to get to.

3. thecairocat

thecairocat Ancient

If people are only going to be traversing the map in vehicles, what is the point of the saucery-things floating above? They would be excellent sniper-nests, but I can't think of one reason for someone playing the game you are envisioning to get out of a vehicle and into one.