Vehicals capture invaison terriortories?

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by diger44, Oct 17, 2010.

1. diger44

diger44 Ancient

Hello all,
    I am making a vehicle-based invasion game, however when I tested it, being in a vehicle did not start the timer, you had to get out, which defeated the whole purpose. Is there any custom gametype setting, or perhaps another way of doing this which will allow you to stay in your vehicle and capture at the same time?

2. pyro

pyro The Joker

I don't think there's a setting for this, but it's probably for the best. In vehicle based gametypes (something I focus on) objectives are usually more fun. One of the main reasons is that the person capturing the objective cannot be in a vehicle which makes teamwork a high priority in order to protect him. Otherwise, the entire game just comes down to who has the bigger vehicle (tank beats everything). If you give some info on the situation in the map and game I (and others) might be able to find a way to help you.

3. diger44

diger44 Ancient

It's a vertical based map where the defenders spawn at the top with plasma pistols and grenade launchers and the attackers are in falcons and they try to land on platforms without getting emp'd from the defenders. This is all enclosed in a relatively small area. The platforms have the invasion territories. I started by using the territories gametype, but that proved not to work. Weird, maybe KOTH would work (like the showed in the ViDoc), but it would kind of defeat the purpose of the stages.

[br][/br]
    Edited by merge:

Anybody?

#3 diger44, Oct 18, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2010