Vault

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by Bloodpony, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Bloodpony

Bloodpony Forerunner

Vault

This is designed to be a 1v1 or a 4 player Free For All Slayer "warm-up" map before going into Matchmaking. I usually play with 2-3 friends when playing Halo, so I decided to make a map just for us. 1v1, 2v2, 3 and 4 player FFA Slayer work out best, but other gametypes can be used.

With that said, I wanted to do something that did not look like Forgeworld so I picked High Noon. There are some great Forge pieces and enviornments that contribute to the asthetics, and I found a section that worked well for a small map. Three rooms with multiple entrance/exit ways, 3 random teleporters to those rooms and some hallways that connect everything together. This is basically a close to mid range map in which the loadouts are just as important as the weapons. Drop Shield should replace the Jet Pack and provides a nice balance with the rest of the Armor Abilities.

Weapons list:

Shotgun
    Gravity Hammer
    Sword
    Grenade Launcher
    Spiker
    Plasma Repeater
    Plasma Grenades x4

The starting Assault Rifle, Magnum and Frag Grenades round out the weapons. With the pace of the fighting, extra clips are around if needed. The Grenade Launcher has 3 shots and works great around the hallways. It is a good counterbalance to the close range weapons and adds variety to the matches.

This has been a fun map to make, test and play on, so have fun and let me know what you think!

Just added above the pictures below is a link to a video. Sorry about all the dissolves and cheesy titles, but at least it shows some gameplay. Enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#1 Bloodpony, Oct 15, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  2. ♥ Sky

♥ Sky I Beat the old Staff!

What location was the final image made in? I've never seen an area like that on High Noon before. Some impressive visuals and pretty textures make this map look rather good, I can't be sure about gameplay.

3. theSpinCycle

theSpinCycle Halo Reach Era

Things like "random teleporters", "some hallways", Drop Shield, and the weapons list make me worry about the balance of the map.

This map certainly has an aesthetic appeal to it. Or that may just be me; I don't have High Noon and therefore don't know about the palette.

4. Bloodpony

Bloodpony Forerunner

Thanks for the reply! I hope to get feedback soon from someone who has tried the map.

5. Therenownedpuppy

Therenownedpuppy Promethean

It's the gravity lift room in the back red spawn on the side walls