Vatican

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by dented_drum, May 25, 2008.

?

Rate The Map My Friends

1. 1-2 Eh...NO!

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  2. 3-4 Not worth keeping, really.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 5-6 Pretty neat map.

8 vote(s)
    22.9%
  4. 7-8 I'll show this to my friends, amazing merging.

9 vote(s)
    25.7%
  5. 9-10 OMGWTFBBQ! Great map! =]]]

17 vote(s)
    48.6%
  1. GridNaux

GridNaux Ancient

thanks guys! make sure to keep rating and downloading Team NoseyNaux maps.
    We have a fresh one a' brewin at the moment...

2. Blaze

Blaze Sustain Designer
    Forge Critic Creative Force Senior Member

the interlocking is very nice and smooth. the hill make me very atracted to the dl botton. :-D loads of info with makes your post great.. good job. i will be dling soon.

3. zack929bb

zack929bb Ancient

this i a nice map alothough there should be a gametype or should i just use ctf. if not this looks like a fun slayer game.

4. RadiantRain

RadiantRain Ancient

Are you hispanic...

Really good map, love how the entire map is so... Green.

I also like the thread and it looks really organized.

5. DRiSCOLL

DRiSCOLL Ancient

looks good man, some really good features and the layout is nicely done, the only thing i would say would b to double stack the walls so no1 can get out but besides that well done

6. dented_drum

dented_drum Ancient

Thanks again, Carter! Another helpful review. In my own defense, I'd like to say that the "basic" quality of our maps is the intense, competitive gameplay that we aim for. We concentrate solely on gameplay, and let aesthetics make up about 20% of our maps. Thanks, though. You guys are great!

Thanks a lot! Glad you like it!

Thank you, my friend. You gave a helpful, critical, yet constructive and understanding review. We appreciate your thoughts and are making our best effort to prevent the flaws of Vatican in our Summer Project.

Ha, everyone likes that tunnel. Thanks, bro!

Cookie! You joined FH =]]]]

This guy lives up by Grid, and he playtests all our maps with us. He's always there to boost our confidence and such. We owe him and all our other playtesters a great deal of tribute.

Ummm, nothing? It's just a name. Please, post a thought, even if negative, that we can work with and draw inspiration from.

We rarely see them used as well. In every map, we try to mix up our weapon set from the previous. Corridor: 23 was our first map that featured Rockets, while Vatican has a GravHammer and Fuel Rod Cannons. I'm not sure what we'll use for the next one. I can't wait until we start on weapon spawns. It'll be excited to see what weapons play well on our Summer Project. Thanks, bro!

Thanks a lot, bro! Hope you enjoyed it!

Info=DL. When I started posting our maps on FH, I began to notice very quickly that a detailed thread will gain respect from your viewers. Because of that, we have several people who just love to check out our stuff because it's us. It's great to be e-popular to some extent. If you ended up DLing, then I hope you loved it! A lot of work was put into this map, and I hope it shows. Thanks, bro!

Gametype? Not necessary. We'll probably never post a map to ForgeHub that requires a gametype. Unless you've perfected that art, it's more of a nuisance to the people DLing the map, and it cuts into your DL count. We make competitive, fast-paced maps. Vatican is one of our most competitive maps due to its symmetrical traits. There is always a way to counter the spot which your enemy may be holding, and always a way for them to defend it. Our main focus for our maps has always been to make it fair for any person, spawning on any part of the map. Gametypes can sometimes ruin the competitive gameplay elements if you're not skilled at incorporating the perfect settings with your map.

Hmm, no. I'm not Hispanic. I'm Italian. Although, I must ask, from where did you derive such a thought? How....random! Thanks for the comment on our map, though. I'm colorblind, so it appears more of a tan color to me =]

I hate reminding people to read the entire OP before posting, but this is the case here. Thanks for your positive comments, but I hope you find out very quickly that we find the flaws of our maps before you do. We playtest and experiment for lengths of time before we even think about posting. When a flaw breaks through into the final version, it's something that we've been incapable of preventing due to simple lack-of-skill or lack-of-budget/resources. Thanks, though. Glad to see some more support from the ForgeHub community.

You guys are all great! Remember, Team NoseyNaux is working on a Summer Project. The map is roughly 60% complete. We are in the process of blocking off the outside of the map, and then we'll edit inner-Scenery elements to just generally look prettier. After that, we have weapons/equipment, Objective markers, and spawns. Of course, playtesting and further edits will be present, but that is not factored into the percentile above. Thanks a lot, guys, and I hope you all continue to love our stuff! We love making it!

7. j trip out

j trip out Ancient

nice must of took ages

8. dented_drum

dented_drum Ancient

Thanks for the compliment, bro, but please try to give me a reason why you like it or a way that I can improve.

9. BunN eeE

BunN eeE Ancient

I love this map! And its made really nicely also!

:0

10. xBahama Boyx

xBahama Boyx Ancient

looks like a great map, but u should make yur pictures bigger.

11. darth ky

darth ky Ancient

Completely awesome! I absolutely love! The merging is great! Amazing job.