Valorous

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Leroy Jenklns, Aug 20, 2008.

1. Leroy Jenklns

Leroy Jenklns Ancient

Valorous
    By Leroy Jenklns

Supports all gametypes

Valorous: Great courage in the face of danger, especially battle.

Map Description
    Valorous resembles Midship in a few ways, for example I got the idea for the bases from Midship. But this map is NOT a remake.

Weapons:
    Battle rifle-4
    Sniper rifle-2
    SMG-2
    Plasma pistol-2
    Plasma rifle-2
    Needler-2
    Energy sword-1
    Covenant carbine-6
    Mauler-2

Equipment:
    Frag grenade-8
    Plasma grenade-12
    Firebomb grenade-4
    Bubble shield-2
    Deployable cover-2

Forging 101:
    [YES] Interlocking
    [YES] Geomerging
    [NO] Placing Objects in Water
    [YES] Unlimited Budget
    [NO] Moveable Objects merged with map
    [NO] Instant Respawn

Red base
    [​IMG]

yellow base
    [​IMG]

Red mauler
    [​IMG]

Yellow mauler
    [​IMG]

Red sniper
    [​IMG]

Yellow sniper
    [​IMG]

Red 2nd floor
    [​IMG]

Yellow 2nd floor
    [​IMG]

Red 1st floor
    [​IMG]

Yellow 1st floor
    [​IMG]

Sword
    [​IMG]

Carbine perch
    [​IMG]

The perch gives you new lines of sight
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Red team wins!
    [​IMG]

Thank you for taking a look at my map, and as always any comments or suggestions are appreciated.
    -Leroy

Valorous

#1 Leroy Jenklns, Aug 20, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2008
    xFr1ct10nx likes this.
  2. extreme 96

extreme 96 Ancient

nice map. ill give it a 4/5. i just dont like that its soo open around the sword area.

3. Jamie182

Jamie182 Ancient

Nice.

yea i like the design of it very good
    but maybe make a v2 and spend a little more time
    on the interlocking it would be great.
    so im gonna say 3.5/5 for sloppy looks and maybe
    more cover in the middle.

4. LOL zombie

LOL zombie Ancient

Sloppy? Uhh dude... Everything is perfect. The interlocking that is. I haven't played the map, but from the pictures it looks like it would play very well. Reminds of a map that ABC crew made.

I would agree that the middle needs some more cover. I'd ditch the shield doors, becaue those provoke sword whoring/camping. And what is there to counteract the sword?

5. Savagesound

Savagesound Ancient

I love the map but from the pics it seems like the whole thing revovles around the sniper tower.

6. Sweat Tomato

Sweat Tomato Ancient

Yeah some parts like the shield doors are unnesessary or don't look like they are used like doors. try to cover both sides of the shield doors.

7. KB

KB Ancient

Overall, the map looks good! You may want to straighten out your interlocking because some of it looks a little sloppy.... Just a few little aesthetic touches and this map will be excellent! =]

8. Leroy Jenklns

Leroy Jenklns Ancient

The maulers and the open area makes you exposed to carbine, br and sniper fire.

9. sexy dude

sexy dude Ancient

this looks really nice alot of work was put into it and it is really neat well done on it also i thought that [​IMG]

Yellow sniper
    [​IMG]This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 878x494 and weights 45KB.[​IMG]

i thought these two pictures were the same that is how well you did really well done

10. pinohkio

pinohkio Ancient

nicemap. i like the interlockng and the bases are sweet. the only problem i can see is the little bump on the sniper towers 3.5/5

11. Brownie7997

Brownie7997 Ancient
    Banned

its ok and the interlocking is good but somethings missing and i don't know what

12. The God of Grunge

Banned

I like it, it looks very neatly made. Both sniper perches are perfectly symmetrical. Your sceenshots show a very well made and well interlocked map. The shield doors all looked very well placed. From the screenshots, this looks like a very well made map. 4/5

13. idiotninja

idiotninja Ancient

The map looks good, but the interlocking could be worked on. other than that it is fine I do not think the middle needs more cover it should be hard to get the sword. 4/5

14. Leroy Jenklns

Leroy Jenklns Ancient

15. DeadeyeForge

DeadeyeForge Ancient

I'm not really a big fan of the shield doors but they do implement game play. Good job on the thread and the map. 5/5 on the thread, 3/5 on the map, the aesthetics aren't my taste. The picture of the carbine shooting is nice.

16. LieutenantAshler

Very solid. Bears some Very strong resemblances to Warehouse. I absolutely LOVE the first action pic. Some of the map seems a bit too open. I do have one complaint, I HATE the Mauler. The Shotgun is sooooooooooo much better.

17. V Undertow V

V Undertow V Ancient

Eh, it looks interesting. But shield doors are a no-no around a sword spawn. Also, because the area around it is open, people are going to camp with the sword. There are some places where the interlawking could be improved; fix these with a v2, should you choose to make one. I like the shape, however, and it kindof reminds me of Narrows. Alright map, 7/10.

18. M.Jelleh

M.Jelleh Ancient

It seems like a very well thought out competitive kind of map. It kind of looks like MLG. Your weapon set is very appropriate for a map like this, and you clearly put a lot of thought into things like the carbine perch. Carbines can be very deadly if they are used correctly. I have to imagine that the sword guy might have some troubles though, if there are so many carbine guys and 1-2 snipers at a time. I know that firebombs are super fun, but I might cut down to 2 of them. Also, cut some of the plasmas unless you want them to be one of the primary close range weapons. Hey, you need some close range weapons. Your call. I like your use of shield doors. However, I would cut some in the middle if you are going to have the sword and the maulers. I like the ones off to the sides though. I get a lot of info through your pics, but some more info in the post might be nice. For example, where do the mancannons go? I just don't know and would like to know.

So in conclusion. Sick map bro. You did a really nice job on this.