Valor

Discussion in 'Reach Casual Maps' started by LBS, Feb 3, 2012.

1. LBS

LBS Promethean

My first upload and I hope I did alright. ;) (Let me know if I didn't!)

Overview

This map is inspired by Halo 3's well-known Guardian. I know there's a lot of remake's, but at the time I made it, I couldn't find one that me and my friends enjoyed, so I decided to try out the forge machine and make on for myself.

It's, like Guardian, a medium sized map. Perfect for 2-8 players, but more is not recommended. At the moment, only slayer is supported. I'm working on this, though it might take some time to add support for other gametypes.
    Jet packs might proof a small problem for the map, but I think I locked everything off good. In my opinion, the map works best with classic slayer, DMR's slayer or any other variant that only gives the sprint option to players.

Do note: this is NOT a remake! It's inspired by Guardian, not meant to be an exact copy of it. Some of the jumps are there, some of the weapons are, other things are different. But I think Reach is a different game, deserving of a different touch to the map. I tried to take the good feeling I always had when playing Guardian with friends, and put it into a Reach map.

Some impressions
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am still thinking about adding some colour to the map, and maybe some rocks for aesthetic purposes. Tips on this matter are welcome!

Weapons

- Sniper Rifle, 120 sec respawn, 1 spare clip
    - Gravity Hammer, 120 sec respawn, 1 spare clip
    - Grenade Launcher, 160 sec respawn, 5 spare clips
    - Shotgun, 120 sec respawn, 1 spare clip
    - Concussion Rifle, 120 sec respawn, 1 spare clip
    - Needler, 90 sec respawn, 2 spare clips
    'Non-power weapons':
    - Plasma repeater, Plasma Rifle, Spiker, few Assault Rifles, DMR's, Magnums, Energy Pistols, a Needle Rifle
    - 4 plasma grenades
    - 2 grenades
    - 2 health packs

Would like some tips, comments etc. I have not been able to thouroughly play test it, since I only have a few friends on Halo Reach and never got other people to join in our custom games. So if you do have some spare time and would like to help me out, it would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Hope you enjoy the map. (Do let me know if you do, here or on live!)

#1 LBS, Feb 3, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  2. feartehstickman

feartehstickman Forerunner

It looks like a good remake(ish) of Guardian. All the forging looks smooth and fairly faithful to the original. The only thing I'd say is perhaps add an FX to make it a little darker (like night on the original Guardian) if you can.
    It'd also be great if the map was near some trees or vegetation but I do realise that moving the entire map would be a massive undertaking.

Anyway - it looks good and I'm sure it'd play good too if only I could get some customs going.

3. LBS

LBS Promethean

Yes, some trees would be nice, but alas I build the map where it is right now... Don't know if there would be a place with trees that would be suited for the level height differences either. But I'm not going to move it anyway, that would take me days.

I'm still looking into what FX's would be good. Do you have an idea?

Thanks for looking at it in any case. :)

4. feartehstickman

feartehstickman Forerunner

Perhaps the purple FX?

I don't know, just mix and match them until you're happy.

5. Oweirdone

Oweirdone Promethean

I like the aesthetics are good and it looks like the original one, with a few Reach style additions. In total, a good re-mastery (Right word?)

Congratulation on the re-make, I look forward to playing it :)