Sandbox Valley of 4 Suns Version 2

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by SpiderWolve, Mar 23, 2009.

1. SpiderWolve

SpiderWolve Ancient

Can be downloaded here.

Currently set up up for Team Slayer/Slayer and CTF.

After going over the feedback in the thread for the first version of this map( http://www.forgehub.com/forum/competitive-maps/61046-valley-4-suns.html
    ) I went to work to fix some problems with it where, first and foremost, the sky platform with it's weapons stash was cleared! Which helped because it freed up a lot of budget and objects for me to work with.
    Secondly I moved the killballs to have affect on gameplay---so they would prove a danger for over-confident vehicle operators! :p

And the map is 10 times better and has been said by some to remind them of Hang 'em High.

Screens:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

From red base:
    [​IMG]

From blue base:
    [​IMG]

Side view:
    [​IMG]

Ground level:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Screens of the map in play:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and some video of the map can be found here at 4:27 to 5:02

Hope you all enjoy this one more then the previous one.

And not sure how to go about getting a quick accurate count of weapons and such on the map (and/or locations) so if anybody has tips/advice on that I'm all er...eyes. :)

2. rewib65

rewib65 Ancient

this actually looks like a pretty solid map, there is enough cover for the warthogs not to completely dominate, the forging is good, and overall it just looks fun to play on

3. ShortKidPena

ShortKidPena Ancient

This map has a lot of potential, but it doesn't really show very much skill. I have to say that i could build a map of this quality within an hour. Most of the maps that get downloads, great feedback, etc. are the maps that show that the author took time to try to make a map at the best of their ability. Plus it looks like the map is a little one sided. and im also not sure about the bridges above the map. If you could make them smoother and more implemented into the map, instead of floating platforms, it would be a lot better. I also see that not everything is centered/straight, which is an easy fix. This map would be even 20x better if you fixed the minor imperfections.

Wow...i just realized that i went on quite a rant there...lol

4. KONGx74x

KONGx74x Ancient

Im surprised to say that i actualy like what i see in this map. I am dling and i will play tomarow morning, but it looks like it could support some good gameplay, it also looks like you spent several solid hours on this, unlike 90% of the garbage i go through on this site, the only thing i would recomend changing is removing the killballs, at first glance they are awsome and very tempting to include in your map, but i honestly hate them, they put off the most annoying noise and somtimes unbearable brite light, and could cause lag in ur games, but other than that nice job