Remake Valhalla

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by huub8, Oct 23, 2010.

1. huub8

huub8 Forerunner

Update: I made a new version, download it here: Bungie.net : Halo Reach : File Details

I found that all of the remake's of valhalla that i could find where, well, bad. So i tried to make one myself, have a look and tell me what you think.

A overview of the map:
    [​IMG]

The pelican:
    [​IMG]

Rear view of one of the bases:
    [​IMG]

the standing rocks:
    [​IMG]

The mongoose in the middle of the map:
    [​IMG]

Top view of one of the bases:
    [​IMG]

Any comments are welcome!

#1 huub8, Oct 23, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  2. Theomus

Theomus Forerunner

#2 Theomus, Oct 23, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2010
  3. Hat

Hat Guest

It's a fine map, the bases look very faithful to the original and the middle is amazing. There are only a few problems there is to much extra area, and the middle geometry is too different and not recognizable. Also when i went to download the map the description is very egotistical. Don't say that anything of yours is the best when comparing it to others, you don't know that. The only thing you can know is that it is the best remake/map YOU made.

4. jameslieb1

jameslieb1 Ancient

Well, this definitely looks like the best Valhalla remake I've seen yet. The bases look just right, you've blocked off all the right parts, and you even took the time to build a pelican. Also, thank you SO much for making this support more gametypes than just Slayer. When I see a cool map but then see that it only supports Slayer, it kind of ruins it for me. So I give you credits on going that extra mile. The only things about the map that concerns me is something that is on every Valhalla remake: if you go off the mancannons without a jetpack, you die. One way you could fix this is by placing a shield door in the air near where the player lands to slow down their fall. Other than that minor issue though, the map looks great. DL'd.

5. huub8

huub8 Forerunner

I will alter the description then (altough I haven't found any better valhalla maps yet).
    Any tips on inproving the middle? When i tested the map, the mancannons diden't hurt me at all, since i placed them at a custom angle, with which settings did they hurt you?

And one more question: is there any way to make more people download this map (because i think that it is bettter than the valhalla remake that was in the most downloaded section not so long ago)?

#5 huub8, Oct 23, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2010
  6. Hat

Hat Guest

This is the best Valhalla map i've seen too, but talking about yourself (or in this case your map) in such a high manner makes you seem like you have a undeserved sense of accomplishment, even if it is great. If it's good it should get popular.

7. LeonVIII

LeonVIII Ancient

great map man i love the pelican i think the hill could use the work but solid map and great valhalla best one i have downloaded

8. svonhershman

svonhershman Forerunner

I can't tell from the pictures but the middle of the map isn't close to the original is it? I'd like to download it but I won't have fun playing the map unless it's really similar to the original.

9. LeonVIII

LeonVIII Ancient

the middles ok it somewhat resembles it but i feel the scales r a bit off but it will suffice the map is solid tho he actually created a pelican its the first time i have seen it done and eveything else is too par im telling u this is a good remake best out there good job hubb8

10. huub8

huub8 Forerunner

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback, its good to hear that you liked it (since it took me a hell of a lott of time to make :p).

I will try to make the middle a bit better, but its hard because of the limited budget/naturel objects you can make. You can expect a new updated version in my fileshare soon though.

11. LeonVIII

LeonVIII Ancient

very cool keep us updated on when you will have it out

12. huub8

huub8 Forerunner

This map i now even in the most recommended page! Thanks everyon!

please recomend if you like it, so it might get in the most downloaded page!

13. LeonVIII

LeonVIII Ancient

hey man love the map i just wanna say one or two thing i found wrong ... first the middle may need a little tweaking here and there but i nothing juristic but the main thing i wanted to add is the main man cannon u can not walk up it ( i hope what im saying makes sense lol) thats just the only thing i found wrong and it irks me a bit because its such a perfect or as close to perfect as it gets remake

14. huub8

huub8 Forerunner

i dont really understand what you mean with the man cannon, but i just made a updated version in wich it might be fixed already, i think the hill is better now to, download it here:

Bungie.net : Halo Reach : File Details

I hope you like the changes

[br][/br]
    Edited by merge:

could somebody have a look at it?

[br][/br]
    Edited by merge:

nobody?

#14 huub8, Nov 2, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2010
  15. LeonVIII

LeonVIII Ancient

oh man thats very epic the hill is much better but still what i was talking about befor u know the main cannon in both bases that brings u to the middle from the front of the base u should be able to walk up on the incline infront of the main man cannon thats what i mean..sorry if i seem even more confusing in my head what im saying seems straight forward and thats my only "problem" per say i have about this map i love it and its nearly perfect...or as perfect as reach could allow accept the one point im talking about

16. SDawg72

SDawg72 Forerunner

I noticed that one of the man cannons is missing on the attackers base. Other than that, great remake.

17. huub8

huub8 Forerunner

I made another update downloadable here:

Bungie.net : Halo Reach : File Details

You can now walk up the front of the bases (with a little effort), and i made some small other adjustments. Have a look and tell me what you think!

18. SDawg72

SDawg72 Forerunner

I noticed you blocked off the cave in this map. If you remeber in the original Vahalla, there was a cave near the pelican. I also think there was two caves. Just letting you know.

19. LeonVIII

LeonVIII Ancient

hey sdawg idk what u r talking about all man cannons are there and everything in the map that should be there is there are cave near the pelican at this point it seem like your messing with him lol

huub8 thanks for the update love the map best valhalla remake out there middle great bases r great good job man and thanks

20. huub8

huub8 Forerunner

your welcome, nice to hear that its done now :p