Vain

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by Cassel, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Cassel

Cassel Promethean

Vain

Casselfied - IxAMxCANADIAN - v Ionized

Hey again Forgehub.​

Back with something different this time. Not my standard infection stuff though. Over the summer around early August, I felt like I could expand my range of what I could make in maps. Me and v Ionized (an honorable racetrack forger) talked about how racetrack forgers and other forgers that specified in other categories 'couldn't forge anything else'. Me and him had the idea (more me) that we could make something to prove that wrong. We agreed to start a slayer map and make it a good one. We weren't sure how we would do it, but we did it as we went. We had a helpful resource, a player who went by the name of 'Hatter is Mad'. Hatter is a highly skilled and former MLG Pro from Halo 3. He checked back on our progress a couple times during our build.

During september, we ran into a build problem. Our map was not 100% in alignment (we deciding during build that it was going to be a symmetrical map). We kept trying to figure out what our problem was being caused by. After a certain point, we had lost hope. The project lied dead for about a month as I focused on other projects I was working on. But I had another resource. A good friend of mine (I used to go to school with him), IxAMxCANADIAN, was a forger I could trust. I showed him what me and Ionized worked on. He offered to help in fixing it for me. We kept the original map design, went through many disagreements, but we eventually fixed all the bugs we knew about. This map wouldn't be here if it weren't for his help.

After all that trouble, however, I bring you our map, 'Vain'.​

What is it?

Vain is a 2v2/4v4, symmetrical, competitive map that is MLG/Arena/Vanilla compatible. It is built to support Team Slayer, FFA, Multi-Flag and Crazy King. Any TS, FFA, Multi-flag and Crazy King variant is function able. But the recommended settings for this map are MLG v7, TU Arena, TU Slayer DMRs and Pro settings.

Vain works for 4v4, but is highly recommended to be a 2v2.​

Vain was built to be based off three popular Halo 3 maps: Narrows, The Pit and MLG Onslaught. Elements from each map were taken and incorporated into this map, along with a few other 'one of a kind' elements. This map features a teleporter system at the bottom tunnel of the map, which connects to the other symmetrical teleporter (purple goes to yellow, yellow goes to purple), two seperate power weapons on identical structural sides and multiple paths to each base.

Weapons:

• DMR x3 - 30 Seconds
    • Needle Rifle x3 - 30 Seconds
    • Grenade Launcher x1 - 180 Seconds
    • Sniper x1 - 180 Seconds
    • Plasma Pistol x2 - 120 Seconds
    • Frag Grenade x2 - 20 Seconds
    • Plasma Grenade x2 - 20 Seconds

• Health Pack x2 - 15 Seconds

Pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thats all folks!

Special Thanks:

v Ionized - For being a good ol' forge pal. Thanks again.

IxAMxCANADIAN - Reviving a near dead project. You are the reason this map is posted. Thank you.

Hatter is Mad - Not around for much of it, but everything helped. Thanks man.

WARH0LIC - Like Hatter. Had a lot of things worth listening. Thanks again.

Spadez N Az - Feedback and being the bro tester.

x SODAPOP 13 x - Loyal tester.

xJAB199x - Loyal tester.

Heartlesssniper - Loyal tester.

jake bobius - Loyal tester.

Thanks for reading! Give it a download as it would help a bunch with the map and further creations from me. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and I hope you enjoy!

Thanks y'all!

#1 Cassel, Oct 28, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  2. DEADGAMER

DEADGAMER Forerunner

Wow, this map looks phenomenal. I'll have to give it a closer look. Dunno though, might not have time with Halo 4 coming out in a couple of days.