Sandbox Vacant - Call of Duty 4

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Infernocide, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Infernocide

Infernocide Ancient

This is my first post at forge hub but not my first forge map. I've been using forge since I got the game on day 1 and here is my most recent map, Vacant. (created by infernopyro and undone451)

COD4 VACANT MINI MAP
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Took about 5 hours start to finish (not using a canvas) Used merges and a minor budget glitch to fix the grenade jumps we found in beta.
    I'm hoping to do kill house and shipment sometime.

It's not a perfect remake and has some grenade jumps you can do to get out but I did the best I could with the limited budget. All game type supported. Assault, One sided CTF, VIP, Slayer and Team Slayer are all suggested.
    DOWNLOAD HERE

#1 Infernocide, Apr 13, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
  2. Mewster

Mewster Ancient

Welcome to Forge Hub! :)

As for your map, I suggest posting some more pictures that show the fine points of the map, you only have one of those and the rest are action shots, and action shots are great for showing how game play turns out but they don't give you a good image of the map. Just try taking pics at different angles and such.

By the looks of your first picture, it looks as if it is vehicle friendly, although I see no vehicles so its actually just empty. I suggest doing something with that, unless you have and idea on how that area compliments to game play.

Over all it looks well forged and fun to play on. 4/5. I wont download it though, only because none of my friends like competitive games :mad:

EDIT: Gaaaaah! Sorry, I didn't see it was a remake (all i saw was vacant - call) well ive never played any of the CoDs so i cant really accurately rate this map, although you can still consider my previous statements.

#2 Mewster, Apr 13, 2009
  3. Infernocide

Infernocide Ancient

The only part of the map that's large enough for vehicles is the "field" in front of the warehouse. The rest of the map is pretty close quarters. Anyways my budget is negative so I can't exactly add or change anything without modding which would require me to take the map off my file share.

4. Kevinth3Killer

Kevinth3Killer Ancient

When your friends give you lemons you find new friends lol...

I would suggest adding pictures of the COD4 map for the non-COD players to see and appreciate the map more.

As for that thats about all I can say because I'm assuming a COD map doesn't have much room for improvement, I would rate it on simularity but as you can infer I don't have Call of Duty

5. Ghost717

Ghost717 Ancient

Nice map. I like the buildings and cover. You must of had no money left lol. 4/5 maybe add more cover if you can a hallway looks to open. keep forging

6. Infernocide

Infernocide Ancient

I added the minimap from cod4 to the top. I had to remove many parts like the cargo crates kitchen cubicles and parking but it retains the same core layout.

7. carzy1337

carzy1337 Ancient

wow map looks great, looks very professional

8. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Talented
    Forge Critic Senior Member

This actually looks like a very good remake of Vacant (one of my fav maps on CoD 4). And this is the first remake of a map from CoD 4 I've seen besides Shipment.

As said before though, I can't really get a feel for the map with one picture of the map and the rest action shots. I'll definitely give this a DL but you should get some more pictures of the map for other people.

And the map title should be the name of the map and nothing else. Contact a moderator (blue name) and they'll fix it up for you.

#8 AceOfSpades, Apr 13, 2009
  9. x Paralyze x

x Paralyze x Ancient

If only you could remake Overgrown... lol