Utah Mambo

Discussion in 'Featured Maps' started by LIGHTSOUT225, Apr 10, 2009.

?

What do you think of this map?

1. Not my style

7.1%
  2. Okay

3.8%
  3. Average

4.9%
  4. Good

18.7%
  5. Great

65.4%
  1. Agent Quack

Agent Quack Ancient

I played this with 16 people. Very fun, yet a lot of the area doesnt get used. like the structure with the 4 Double Boxes a little to the bottom right of where it says utah.

2. xSharpshooter94

xSharpshooter94 Ancient

congrats on getting this into matchmaking. Great job Rick!

3. Critical Fate

Critical Fate Ancient

This is an awesome map. Isn't this replacing the original sandbox on machtmaking. Idk thats what I heard.

4. X taco king X

X taco king X Ancient

Grats on mythic matchmaking! Loved it.

5. dizyupdsquirl

dizyupdsquirl Ancient

Finally....an enjoyable forged map in matchmaking. Great job!

6. Nutekiller

Nutekiller Ancient

i play this map on all the time on matchmaking and i love it, i got the splatter spree achievment and road rage on it also!!! keep up the good work

7. Kronn

Kronn Ancient

I got this map before on matchmaking! 5/5 cleanly merged, great for one bomb and ctf!

8. Flying Dice

Flying Dice Ancient

This map is beautiful, and the gameplay is excellent. This is a great addition to matchmaking.

9. T4K Shadow

T4K Shadow Ancient

I absoloutley love that geo-merged base into the big dune, its what makes it stand out from the rest. Although, despite this map being put into matchmaking, I havent played a game on it. What playlist is this in?

10. Draw the Line

Draw the Line Ancient

It was in Team objective before the playlist was removed. Sadly it can only be found in Team Mythic at the moment.

11. Benji

Benji Ancient

so when Team Mythic is retired we won't be able to play Utah Mambo on matchmaking anymore?

12. LIGHTSOUT225

When Team Objective and Team Mythic are retired, Utah Mambo and Punishment (the other forged map recently added to the same playlists) will be available in the Social DLC playlists.

13. natu

natu Ancient

Looks amazing Obviously seems better than Sandbox itself.

14. mclarren11

mclarren11 Ancient

I played this map for the first time last night. it is in the new "action sack" playlist. I played ninja ball and it was a blast on this map. really well done.

15. Forge Titan

Forge Titan Ancient

Not to seem like a hater, but I found this less than stellar.

Yes, it is very aesthetically pleasing, but there are too many power weapons. I will admit though, that this is well thought out, and extremely balanced other than the aforementioned problem.

Overall... I'd say 9/10. Take away one or two of the power weapons and 10/10.

16. Wood Wonk

Wood Wonk Ancient

i hate playing ninja ball on it. ninja ball doesnt take advantage of hoe how good the map is. basically just the bomb carrier walks around the dunes and plants. none of the fighting in the middle really matters much. the one who plants the bomb can defend it himself fairly easily if hes decent.

17. Zanitor

Zanitor Ancient

I would think this would happen on any Sandbox map on the middle level, otherwise, its kinda what ninja ball is about, you just have to be awesome, and be able to kill the bomb carrier, or disarm it fast.

18. Vincent Torre

Vincent Torre Ancient

Since when has the point of ninja bomb been to score? If you're doing it like that you're playing it wrong.

The objective of ninjabomb is clearly to kill as many people as you can with the bomb, then score at the last possible second. That's a true victory.

Plus with no exp winning or losing makes no difference, so make it as fun as you can.

On utah mambo it's incredibly easy to defend, just camp around the corner from the bomb plant. The bomb runner will be so excited how easy it was to get the bomb in that they'll go in solo and plant the bomb right away. Thus leaving them visible and alone, making them an easy prey. This has worked pretty much every time for me.

19. Cosmic Rick

Cosmic Rick Ancient

Hey, I haven't played much of the new playlists with Utah Mambo in them yet. Is ninja ball the only gametype that plays on UM in actionsack?

20. Bloo Jay

Bloo Jay Ancient

I haven't played it on any other gametype sadly. Though, may be my luck it seems its only Ninjaball.