Utah Mambo

Discussion in 'Featured Maps' started by LIGHTSOUT225, Apr 10, 2009.

?

What do you think of this map?

1. Not my style

7.1%
  2. Okay

3.8%
  3. Average

4.9%
  4. Good

18.7%
  5. Great

65.4%
  1. Pegasi

Pegasi Ancient

I might just take you up on that thar quote, Cosmic :p.

And yeah, I completely agree with your choices for building materials. I personally rather like the wooden aesthetic when done well like it is here, it can add an element of old ruins repopulated, and I'm planning to use wooden objects on my current map for exactly this reason.

But even then, the old mantra of gameplay>aesthetics must be rolled out here, and even if you don't like the aesthetic brought by the wooden objects, they fit the building purpose they are used for very well, and I too can vouch that any visual inconsistencies do not carry over to pathed surfaces, those mo fos are as flat as anything.

2. the other dark

the other dark Ancient

Got it.

3. L3377MA573R

L3377MA573R Ancient

Without even knowing anything about the map other than its title, it was obvious the CR had gotten yet another feature. Congrats once again, Rick.

4. Sikamikanico

Sikamikanico Video Team #corruptstaff
    Forge Critic

I've already posted over at Atlas, but just in case you don't see it Rick, this map is out-f**king-standing. Well done mate.

5. EGP

EGP Ancient

These are the time where I wish I would pick my lazy ass up and go to the store and get microsoft points to get the mythic map pack. I really want to play big team slayer with a bunch of good friends from forgehub right now. I really like the layout of this map. This map really reminds me of sandtrap for some reason, maybe its because of the large structure in the middle of the map. Who Knows. But man, I am really glad this finally got featured and If bungie doesn't put this into matchmaking, well thats their problem isn't it. I can't get you a rating for this map, but from what I have heard of it and what It looks like through pictures, I Have predicted epic gameplay. Nice job man

6. TraiiT

TraiiT Ancient

Looks like a Fun and well Forged map.

7. baby bacon

baby bacon Ancient

I found this map to be extremly well made in all aspects.
    The geomerging is spot on, the interlocking clean, and you created fantastic structures.
    However this isnt my style of map I tend to be more of a symetric arena map type guy.

I figured you should have a reason for my vote and congrats on the feature. This is by far better than anything i could do.

8. Juggernaut

Juggernaut Ancient

I played some games on this so I feel like I should give it a review.

First off, this map is simply perfect for vehicles. The way you can flow around the map in a mongoose is one of the most enjoyable experiences I've had on any custom map. It's simply perfect.

The larger base on the map in one of the corners that was expertly geomerged into the map was simply breathtaking. Not only was it aligned perfectly, but it also looked like it belonged there in the first place. You did a wonderful job of the rest of the bases too.

The choice of weapons and placement were well although I don't like the duel rocket launchers on the map. Something about it just made me not like having two Rockets and a Laser on the map, but it seemed to work out just fine.

You put a lot of work in this map and it shows. Congratulations on another fine feature.

9. NEBB

NEBB Ancient

Dam i must say thats a sexy looking map there

10. Smart Hamster

Smart Hamster Ancient

best sandbox forge map i've played, good job! :)

11. LIGHTSOUT225

Its come to my attention that Utah Mambo (arguably the successor to Kentucky Tango) was featured exactly one calendar year (4/10/08) after Kentucky Tango was.

I had not planned this in the slightest.

So I guess it was just fate =)

Happy Anniversary Cosmic Rick and Kentucky Tango!

12. ducky buddy

ducky buddy Ancient

nice map played on it with a friend today, good job. =)

13. Shadow Lurker

Shadow Lurker Ancient

Play nicely and i can't seem to find any flaws. I love how it utilizes one of the sandunes and is great to play on.

14. I Shadowsth I

I Shadowsth I Ancient

At first the pictures displayed here made me think that red base was going to be very small, but after playing a few games here it reminded me of the base from Halo 2's Containment (well at least the interior part because that base was huge).

Awesome job on this map, and congrats on the feature.

15. GrizzledDwarf

GrizzledDwarf Ancient

This is, Bar NONE, The best open map ever made.

16. Midnite Haze

Midnite Haze Ancient

the trench reminds me of the Halo CE level 'assault on the control room', kinda at the end. i love the diffrent styles of the bases, not directly across from each other. good feature 5/5

17. Apple s4uc3

Apple s4uc3 Ancient

This map looks great I love everything about it. I love the gametypes I love the map its big and clean.

18. Titan Gamer

Titan Gamer Ancient

The pieces in the sand really make this map stand out, also it has a perfect quality for 1 flag kind of games

19. I Shadowsth I

I Shadowsth I Ancient

20. Nummy

Nummy Ancient

Honestly I love this map. I d/l'd it a few days ago and me and my friends absolutely love it. It's fun every time. Way to go!