Utah Mambo

Discussion in 'Featured Maps' started by LIGHTSOUT225, Apr 10, 2009.

?

What do you think of this map?

1. Not my style

7.1%
  2. Okay

3.8%
  3. Average

4.9%
  4. Good

18.7%
  5. Great

65.4%
  1. LIGHTSOUT225

Utah Mambo
    Created by: Cosmic Rick

Recommended Players: 6-16
    Recommended Gametypes: One Flag, One Bomb, Multi-Flag, Team Slayer, Team KotH

Behold ForgeHub's first ever Sandbox feature! While many have already been venturing to the skybubble or deep below to the crypt, Cosmic Rick goes against the grain and really makes the most out of Sandbox's ground floor. Utah Mambo is a large asymmetrical map filled with imposing, impressive structures while maintaining an extremely natural feel and flow.

Inspired by Sandtrap in some small regards, Cosmic utilizes both Sandbox's forge pallet and its natural geometry to his advantage when forging the large defensive base, which protrudes from Sandbox's largest sand face, and the smaller, yet just as impressive attack base. Both bases, as well as the large central structure are extremely intuitive, creating a pick-up-and-play atmosphere that can cater to most types of Halo players. The varied weapon selection complements the vehicular nature of the map well, creating some thrilling battles that are sure to keep players thirsting for more. Utah Mambo is way too Spectacular to pass up.

#1 LIGHTSOUT225, Apr 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2009
  2. Wood Wonk

Wood Wonk Ancient

aha, my favorite sandbox map yet. i love the D base, so cleanly merged. The center structure makes for some great gameplay. i hope to see it in matchmaking, congrats on the feature.

3. Draw the Line

Draw the Line Ancient

I think we all knew this would be the first Sandbox map featured here. Sexy map, amazing gameplay. I can only hope this map finds its way into Matchmaking!

Congrats Cosmic! Add another notch to that belt of yours.

4. Skanky Toast

Skanky Toast Ancient

Well, considering how well kentuckey tango went:(we played it last TGIF) this should have been featured as soon as it was posted. Good job cosmic.

5. penguin asassin

penguin asassin Ancient

super architect now? Congrats on the first sandbox feature, can't wait to see what you think up next

6. zeppelinboy777

zeppelinboy777 Ancient

A truly deserving feature! Easily the most deserving Sandbox map so far. While i haven't gotten a game with more than eight people on it hopefully i will get a game on it soon. Hopefully you can get it onto Atlas too since Shishka has shown some interest in it!

7. exploreTheGore

exploreTheGore Ancient

as soon as I saw the Forgehub preview that had Cosmic Rick's Utah Mambo I knew what the first sandbox feature was going to be. I love the bases and the game play truly suites a featured map. I am glad to see the first featured map go to one of the greatest Halo 3 forgers ever, none other then Cosmic Rick.

8. killamnjaro

killamnjaro Ancient

its about time this got featured!!! this map is freaking amazing!!
    this map is like a 10/5 the fact that this was not featured the second it was posted is an insult to it!

9. Master Debayter

Master Debayter Ancient

This map is well-deserving of the first Sandbox map to be featured. The design of the map is flawless, and considering it is the successor of Kentucky Tengo, it was inevitable. Great job Cosmic.

10. Xicemike

Xicemike Ancient

Sweet Map, Love the Screenshot

11. Wood Wonk

Wood Wonk Ancient

not really. it needed to be polished and edited after getting feedback, so it could be the best it could possibly be. if it was featured the second it was posted, it wouldnt be.

12. Bloo Jay

Bloo Jay Ancient

Cosmic Rick: ForgeHub's first SUPER ARCHITECT.
    The moment I first set my eyes on this map I knew good things were to come from it. The gameplay is great and the forging is Phenominal.

So, when can we expect the next Cosmic Rick feature? Whats that? A week from now? Kthxbi

13. IxXROADKILLXxI

IxXROADKILLXxI Ancient

I remember seeing the crazy geomerging in the sand, and that alone sold me out to love this map. B/c of the clever usege with the items, this map looked amazing in many diffrent ways when i DL'ed it. Awsome job geting it fetured!

14. IDave the Rave

IDave the Rave Ancient

Definitely the best map I've played on sandbox so far, I remember playing Rocket Race on it, with Orange, we lost, but I had a hell of a fun time playing on it.

15. Landon Dao

Landon Dao Ancient

The map has nice aesthetics. I see that you have merged some objects into the map. Seems hard to do it on a map like this. Weapon placement is nicely done. 5/5

16. Black Theorem

Black Theorem Ancient
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Not only is this map amazing in aesthetics, merges, and playability, but it's great for almost every gametype made (sans SWAT) Cosmic def deserves this feature, and it being made soon after he got the maps shows a lot of skill and planning. Props, Rick, props!

17. MultiLockOn

MultiLockOn Ancient
    Forge Critic Banned Senior Member

I've never seen anyone quite geomerge on sandbox like you do, let alone geomerge at all. Congrats, it's a well earned feature.

18. SaiyanForce

SaiyanForce Ancient

This map truly deserved the feature. The geomerging is flawless, and the map flows well. I think we all knew it was coming, I remember seeing a thread predicting the first Sandbox feature, and this one won, hands down.

19. Cosmic Rick

Cosmic Rick Ancient

Thanks for all the positive comments, guys. I should note that there are currently 2 versions of the map in my FS:

The newer version
    -my current ATLAS submission. hopefully they'll change the link to direct you to this one. It's much better all around.

The older version
    This is the one from my original FH post. It's a little crazier, but the balance isn't quite as good as in the new version... unless you really love hornets.

20. IDave the Rave

IDave the Rave Ancient

Really, you've never seen anyone geomerge at all?