Using KOTH to Limit Map Size

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by TrueDarkFusion, Dec 2, 2007.

1. FreshCherry

FreshCherry Ancient

i played Sgt.pepper's SMKOTH map and it was fun cause we were playing with 5 people which means action 24/7!
    good job coming up with this idea

2. AgileDan92

AgileDan92 Ancient

Absolutely brilliant

3. makisupa007

makisupa007 Ancient

4. BunN eeE

BunN eeE Ancient

This might work, although there is always people that don't care about the game, and just want to exploit the map. So I'm saying just make the barrier first. Then make a map with the items you have left.

The KOTH idea is really good, although I think its really not going to effect the players that much because there not going to hill time but for kills, thus have their hill time negative will not effect them in any way...

5. FirstXboxKid

FirstXboxKid Ancient

Sweet idea!

This is a great idea! but i only have one question, how do you make people not get points by just chillin in the hill, and is this just because it will always be contested? gimme a pm, because this is a great idea, and seems to work great, as long as you dont get extra points for sitting in hill while everyone is dead.

6. Echo SQ Leader

Echo SQ Leader Ancient

this didnt help, my friends still left the map, the didnt care......

7. b0ng0fr33

b0ng0fr33 Ancient

yay! thanks so much for this tip itll help a lot...well maybe not for the casual maps ;)

8. wiggums

wiggums Guest

another addition you could add (if its possible, im pretty sure it is) is the make all the high areas, like as high as the wall, out of the hill so when someone jumps to get out of the map, they go out of the hill. Then on your gametype you could make everyone have very high gravity. but when on the hill they have normal. so when someone jumps to go out of the hill, they heavily gain gravity, and dont make the jump.

9. Specs136

Specs136 Ancient

thx nice tip

10. Brownie7997

Brownie7997 Ancient
    Banned

0.0 nice idea man love the thing so no body will want to leave the map or they get penalized

11. m0jeezy

m0jeezy Ancient

:happy: Very good idea indeed i think im going to go make a map like and see how it goes

Thx

12. Stratigon13

Stratigon13 Ancient

This is a very good idea although it stinks that it will only work for slayer.

13. ewren3

ewren3 Ancient

omg! im gonna use that so much!

great idea by the way

14. Ladnil

Ladnil Ancient

Really nice trick for making suspended maps above Avalanche and Blackout. KOTH custom variant for Slayer with 10 points for kills, -1point/sec outside the hill, first to 500 wins. Then put a suicide teleporter on the reachable ground below the map to allow them to suicide(low time penalty as they would have to walk to a teleport to die) like they should have when falling off and get back up on respawn. Then for CTF, Assault, Territories, and normal KOTH there's no incentive to get out of the map.

Now the real problem is Oddball(my favorite game), is there any way to ruin incentive to leave the map in oddball?

15. Hypnot7c

Hypnot7c Ancient

Nice find..

16. TheKeebobBobagawa

Lice trick, but recent maps outside Blackout like interrobang and Collision are made so this is unneeded, but it's still a helpful tutorial :)

17. EpicFishFingers

EpicFishFingers Ancient

This is a good idea. I still wish we could forge death barriers...

18. Bloumbas

Bloumbas Ancient

It would keep people inside the map, but some people make some odd shaped maps. I in particular stay away from Rectangle/circle shaped maps. So you would have to make multiple hills, So i personally couldn't use it. It is a good idea though, it could work very swimmingly with other maps; such as mlg

19. ShaggyxChipmunk

ShaggyxChipmunk Ancient

great idea can't believe i didn't think of this

20. Rabize

Rabize Ancient

Umm... Could you explain how that would even be possable? I'm kinda cunfuzed at what you said..