Using KOTH to Limit Map Size

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by TrueDarkFusion, Dec 2, 2007.

1. a dumb cat

a dumb cat Ancient

Actually, I dedicated a chunk of time to this theory of mine, and it couldn't have come out more successful. I am only posting a picture of the ISDâ„¢ (Inverse Shield Door) and Haloramic I created for my SpykeBahl map to show you the concept in a working map (If you want to view the map you will have to go the minigame forum to view it; I won't post a link because I don't want to violate the rules).

Sorry to go off topic, but this is what was being discussed, so I added it in.

[​IMG]
    ISDâ„¢ from one side - what you see when you are playing

[​IMG]
    My uber-sweet Haloramic (you must full view this to see it) - this is a perspective from center court, so to speak...

--dc

#21 a dumb cat, Mar 10, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2008
  2. bad biscut 101

bad biscut 101 Ancient

you can also make the players inside the hill health decay.

3. a dumb cat

a dumb cat Ancient

Kind of like a constant Power Drainer...

Make sure to turn off 'nades for that, otherwise you will have people spam 'nades and get kills left and right. Those in the hill wouldn't have a fighting chance.

What about the opposite? Anyone in the hill is either stronger or invulnerable (hamster crack style).

--dc

4. chrstphrbrnnn

chrstphrbrnnn Guardian

I actually tried something like this for my GoW style gametype, but something else didn't work out well..so I gave up on it. But yeah that would be a great idea for slayer.

5. a dumb cat

a dumb cat Ancient

I've never played Gears, so I don't know how that game works for multiplayer. Could you please elaborate?

--dc

6. super trooper88

super trooper88 Ancient

Actually now that I can see a picture of it that is a great idea. I know this is the wrong thread, but I'm gonna go download that.

7. a dumb cat

a dumb cat Ancient

I don't see why not, but you will have to use one edge of the map because only one hill will be active at a time.

Use one hill, active at all times.

--dc

8. Mr Pokephile

Mr Pokephile Forge Labs
    Forge Critic Senior Member

great idea, it makes sense too, but like other people say , how can i work around to get it to ctf?

9. Safturento

Safturento Ancient

Just another little idea to add as a penalty for players outside of the map, reduce their speed by loads when outside of the hill, and put a teleporter very far away from the map so they are stuck out there for a while.

10. wiggums

wiggums Guest

awesome idea, this will save me from a ton of people getting out of my maps.

11. Supreme321

Supreme321 Ancient

I xcomplety don't get this

12. AMidgetAndAClub

AMidgetAndAClub Ancient

This is ingenious.....:surprise:

13. SVD Zero

SVD Zero Ancient

thanks for the idea

14. reykjavik

reykjavik Ancient

I think it is possible to only give points for sticking the juggernaut. I think you can put a bonus point for a stick, 0 points for a jugg kill, and negative points for a normal player kill. You would also probably want to set kills as juggernaut points to zero.

What I would like to know is how to make the entire floor/ground part of the hill. I know it is possible on foundry, but I don't know how to do it. I would also like to do it on other maps. (The only time I have seen it it was only the main floor on foundry, with the sides blocked off, and all of the objects removed)

15. PhantomsMortars

PhantomsMortars Ancient

i like the idea i will try it i my slayer games thanks

16. xkevlarpro

xkevlarpro Ancient

This is the most unique idea I've ever heard of in Halo 3. Props dude.

17. TheBobulator

TheBobulator Ancient

Wow, seems useful...

18. Agamer

Agamer Ancient

Very Spiffy Idea you have the TDF I believe this was done on a map on Narrows were you have to go through the hill off the man cannons and if not in the hill in man cannons you lose an amount of points. But still thank you for helping out the other people here that didnt know how to do it or just never heard of it.

19. Savagesound

Savagesound Ancient

Perfect

What a greast idea you sir are a true genious, i cant wait to use this in my maps

20. Wingsofhalo

Wingsofhalo Ancient

You could also make it reverse by putting the hills outside of the map, being the guardians, if it was in the map you would have to hear "Hill Contested" "Hill Controled" all the time in it.