Urban

Discussion in 'Featured Maps' started by Shock Theta, Aug 17, 2008.

?

How would you rate this map?

1. Poor

12.0%
  2. OK

4.6%
  3. Average

8.3%
  4. Good

25.0%
  5. Great

50.0%
  1. Shedo

Shedo Ancient

Nice job, Team OverShock. The aesthetics are well played out and make the map flow very well and so does the gameplay. The only thing i really didn't like was the the four fusion coils on both bridges, it doesn't really fit well with the map.

2. chavet

chavet Ancient
    Banned

cool map i like it thats the 2v2 map and i have been practicing 5/5!!!
    great map!

3. Sabre

Sabre Guest

I love that this map is perfectly simetrical and doesnt have the crane in it

4. dented_drum

dented_drum Ancient

Indeed, it is quiet beautiful. I've had a few spawning troubles. Actually, I've had only one spawning problem, but it's happened multiple times. A player on the other team has spawned directly behind me (or I behind him). It's always in one of the back corners. I believe Bungie's spawn influence method calls for those corners to be the safest areas, even though there's an enemy. Regardless, it plays amazingly.

To be particularly critical, there is one gameplay flaw other than spawning. When playing OddBall, a player can jump (from the top level) to one of the rooms in each corner. This room has only one Pallet, part of a Single Box to stand on, and a Wall from which the player can access the middle of the map via grenade jump. (<<<That's just me making sure that you know what room I'm speaking of.) Anywho, he can jump from the upper floor towards the small hole and drop the OddBall. Upon its release, the OddBall will go above the player and land on the Bridge used as a ceiling. It's possible to land the OddBall where the player can access it again, but it usually lands outside the player's reach. So, with Faceoff Ball's quick OddBall Reset Time, this can prove to be more of a strategy than a cheat. Even so, I don't think the creator intended it to be possible.

Thought I'd put my piece in, lulz. Great map, though. I can't wait for my opposition to finally reply and get this first round going!

5. II_SK8BUM_II

II_SK8BUM_II Ancient

first of all i love the aesthetic and game play feel of this map. the only question i have is why is there a pallet stack next to both of the crates? why not just two crates next to each other? and just a side note, me and some friends were playing 2 flag and i died then spawned next to the (home) enemy flag. probly cant fix it now since the tourney already started but just to let you know.

6. Shock Theta

Shock Theta Father of 4chub
    Forge Critic Senior Member

You're right, unfortunately. There's the reset time which helps, but strictly speaking abusing this tactic could be grounds for a complaint if it decided a match result.

As far as your organisation of a match time goes, do all you can, but as long as you show clear evidence of doing so and taking initiative you'll take the win in the event of a no show. : )

The pallets allow you to crouch when standing on them and be obscured from view by the crate in front of you, for a quick ambush. Everything on this map demands the most rapid of tactical decisions, that was the design choice and we stuck with it for the sake of challenging ourselves to make it work and to fight for a slither more originality.

The flag spawn is intentional. It makes it harder to cap on a map where it should be easier to do so, and places the opposing team in the safest spawn. Safest doesn't mean safe, but we felt it was the best choice, and a challenging one for players.

7. Supraah

Supraah Ancient

Map = 5/5
    Game-play And being stuck down below, not so Great.
    Still Very Well Done!!

8. Al3x Pt4k

Al3x Pt4k Ancient

it looks pretty cool

9. sgt n00b34

sgt n00b34 Ancient

Shock theta does it again! 5/5 huge fan

10. dented_drum

dented_drum Ancient

Thank you for replying. I like see even the busy folks reply to the insignificant comments. +Rep for you (even though you probably don't need it lulz).

I've had several friends complain about Urban, but I've had to strongly disagree with them in their claims. It really is a great map, and a great pick for the first round of the tournament. Thanks again, bro, and keep it up!

Shock Theta and NeverlessWonder like this.
  11. WispyHobo54

WispyHobo54 Ancient

boring epic fail

12. slipknot83

slipknot83 Ancient

Cool. Style is great its very complex and is made so damn well thanks for this awesome map 5/5

13. De Wy El Ay En

De Wy El Ay En Ancient

wow it looks great i'll deffenately download!

14. psychopanda3100

psychopanda3100 Ancient