Sandbox Uplink

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by amon4marth, Apr 13, 2009.

1. amon4marth

amon4marth Ancient

Well this is my latest creation in sandbox known as "Uplink". I've been told this level reminds people of unreal tournament or quake and im not sure if thats good or bad but hey it shouldnt stop people from trying it out. Its a symmetrical map with maze like structures connecting the two bases on the third level and the first level. you can cross on the second level but it is nice and open for you to get sniped but hey no risk no reward so you can find an overshield as well as a couple of weapons on the open middle that could give you that edge you need. This is my first submission to this site and I am really looking forward to your feedback.

Good For: Slayer, Team Slayer, All CTF Variants, and Neutral Bomb Assault

[​IMG]

Theres your first gander at the map and this next picture is taken from the perspective of a starting point spawner that a player may experience upon starting the game or upon respawn. (or you could just walk there but whats the fun in that)

[​IMG]

Here is picture of a base prior to the completion of the map (Basic Layout)

[​IMG]

Finally a picture of the base from underneath

[​IMG]

Alright with no further delay here is the link to download and enjoy.

http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserContentDetails.aspx?h3fileid=73671384

sorry if the link appears as the long strand of numbers and letters im not computer savvy.

#1 amon4marth, Apr 13, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
  2. Arvas

Arvas Ancient

Edit: now that you've fixed it my review is here; this looks good, but cluttered. Good because the idea is cool, cluttered because its a little messy, I'd suggest looking up how to interlock and try doing a bit of that, also just clean up bits and peices. 3/5 Just make a V2 and this'll be a much better map!

#2 Arvas, Apr 13, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
  3. amon4marth

amon4marth Ancient

thank you sir and thanks for the link to teach me how to embed. like i said i dont know much about computers so i had thought i had done it the first time.

4. Arvas

Arvas Ancient

I'd say its okay but I'm tired of the trashy posts on this site, I was at least glad your tried to embed pics... but its good you got it fixed

5. physcopirahna6

physcopirahna6 Ancient

There's not enough pictures for me to tell how good the map is i would like to see more pics ( just for me to see how good the map is) but at first glance of the first pic it looks good but a well timed grenade without any interruptions you could get on top of the map and it could annoy a few people but i would recommend making a v2 to get rid of a few bugs with this map

6. amon4marth

amon4marth Ancient

Alright I have posted a couple more pics. i would take some pics of the middle but its really CQB and I couldnt get any good angles on it