UNSC Scarab

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by guiltyspark412, Feb 6, 2011.

1. guiltyspark412

guiltyspark412 Forerunner

I had an Idea today, and I'm currently sketching it, but what would happen if the unsc made a scarab? What would it look like? What dominant features would it have? Would it carry vehicles? Could it be airdropped from orbit? Just say what you would think the UNSC Scarab would be!

2. MaxSterling

MaxSterling Ancient

A stolen Covey one with an UNSC sticker slapped on the side of it...

3. Neoshadow

Neoshadow Forerunner

Not possible, the covenant have obviously already copyrighted the scarab. Duh. :p

4. pyro

pyro The Joker

an elephant.

5. Inferi

Inferi Forerunner

Agreed. Most likely a green scarab with a friendly waypoint. But of course, we're
    what-iffing here... the UNSC has little understanding of Covenant technology and has no acess to rouge/heretic Lekgolo, if they exist, so mabe a more mechanic, steam-punk kind of design?

Or maybe this:
    [​IMG]

#5 Inferi, Feb 6, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2011
  6. Neoshadow

Neoshadow Forerunner

Exactly. Humans couldnt possibly control a scarab, exactly why we could never drive them, simply because it wouldnt make sense.

However, I think the OP was attempting to ask IF the UNSC had something SIMILAR, what would it be like.

7. Patsteirer

Patsteirer Forerunner

I don't think the UNSC would make a Scarab type vehicle. From what we've seen, Human Electronics and Engineering capabilities seem to be limited to things with wheels, where as huge metal arms, emulating a biomechanical function would be extremely difficult to produce from a human standpoint.

UNSC tends to develop vehicles with well known, basic animals as their names. You know, the Warthog, Mongoose, Scorpion, Elephant, Falcon, Pelican, Hornet. They tend to name Covenant type vehicles after things in the supernatural, such as Wraiths, Ghosts, Spirits, Phantoms, Scarabs (yes they are a bug, but also regarded as having supernatural powers by the egyptians).

That said, don't be discouraged, I'd love to see a map centered around a massive vehicle that you create entirely from scratch.

8. Security

Security Ancient

I think that a scarab would be too impractical for the UNSC, and they would probably just use an air vehicle of some sort. If I recall correctly, the Vulture from Halo Wars is pretty much the UNSC equivalent of a Scarab, purpose wise.

9. cannibalghoul

cannibalghoul Forerunner

sgt johnson drove a scarab in halo 2

10. Inferi

Inferi Forerunner

That was a different version of the scarab. The newer ones are basically giant Hunters, controlled by millions of worms called Lekgolo

11. M0aHerder

M0aHerder Forerunner

I think it would look like a giant rhino beetle, and the horn could smash throug enemy buildings and large units.

12. guiltyspark412

I think it could be a new type of frigate class assault vessel. The entire ship would drop down to the earth and wreak havoc with 3 legs on each side supporting it.

That sorta goes with Security77's point too.
    (I think that a scarab would be too impractical for the UNSC, and they would probably just use an air vehicle of some sort. If I recall correctly, the Vulture from Halo Wars is pretty much the UNSC equivalent of a Scarab, purpose wise. )

13. Reign

Reign Forerunner

14. guiltyspark412

Halo CE I <3 you!

Bulldogs, Mythos, what else will your glorifingness bring?
    Im really happy that they're making a remake of it.

15. Eclipse240

Eclipse240 Forerunner

Here's one theory:
    Imagine the halo reach or 3 scarab, colored green. The legs would be more mechanical like as it moves steam comes out. Instead of a laser, it would be more like something between the MAC rounds and the scorpion round. Stronger than a scorpion round. lesser that a MAC round, then the hull, where you enter would have the seats like a pelican, and armory near the shiny blue thing in the original, and a warthog hanger thing or scorpion hanger. then that thing at the back where you destroy it to kill the scarab, imagine it as a fusion core with metal shielding or something. And the thing at the top would be like a large version of a Gauss cannon...That's probably more or less the best the UNSC could build other than the MJOLNIR armor XD

16. guiltyspark412

Yep, if they did have a scarab-type vehicle, It would propably be the way you're describing it. Oh and couldn't they make the armor plating made out of the metal that MJOLNIR armor?

17. Rsvi Etzudee

Rsvi Etzudee Forerunner

Not just a scarab coloured green, so boring. And it would be too expensive to build it with MJOLNIR. Either something similar to the elephant with long legs to the wheels, or just something Like a scarab with unsc design. The Unsc mostly make vehicles with turrets that can turn 360, it would also be cool with a falcon hangar. You definately have to think about how to use something else then flying vehicles, as lack of Anti-gravity drives + heights = death

18. cannibalghoul

cannibalghoul Forerunner

is that a freaking scarab with a mac cannon on its head? anyone know where i can download this mod? i know my halo ce disk is still kicking around somewhere.

19. guiltyspark412

The UNSC would propably be not using many recources so.....
    about how much smaller than the scarab would this be?

20. Nemihara

Nemihara Ancient

I'd imagine that it'd be about the size of an Elephant, but instead of being useless it would have a bitchin MAC cannon.