Unofficial **Official** Sandbox Ideas/Dibs Thread

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Ray Benefield, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Creeping Death

Creeping Death What's a Halo?

I think someone already said this, but you guys are only setting yourselves up to get your ideas stolen.

[​IMG]

2. CHUCK

CHUCK Why so serious?

I have a feeling everybody's got a lot of the same ideas as many others as of now creeping. I'm going to wait a bit, until the "zOMG DOGFIGHT" maps and whatever other repeat maps die down before i start getting srs with my ideas.

and yes, i plan on playing around with zOMG DOGFIGHTs among many other cliche ideas. how can you not on this bad boy?

3. Waylander

Waylander Ancient

Except if someone posts it on forgehub we can reference our post in this thread to say it was our idea.

4. Creeping Death

Creeping Death What's a Halo?

But what if said person hasn't seen this thread? Or what if they aren't even a member of this site and create a similar map to one referenced here? How do you gauge who came up with it first? There's too much gray area that can be exploited when it comes to "ideas" to maps. There is simply no way of guaranteeing you came up with the idea first. There is only proof of creation, so create it and then release it, it's the safest way. Do you really wanna deal with the reality that someone may have stolen your idea and got it done quicker than you did?

Or in other words, posting your idea on FH is not like copyrighting something, it's out there for the world to see and there's nothing you can do to make sure nobody steals it. Unless you keep it to yourself :0)

5. Waylander

Waylander Ancient

My side of the world gets the maps before the rest of you so I'm not worried lol.

6. evilvillager

evilvillager Ancient

evilvillager's dibs:

I call first dibs on making a banshee skytrack. I think it'll work on/in both the sky bubble and the normal flat land

7. InnerSandman13

InnerSandman13 Ancient

Hmm......Okay How about this:
    1. A grifball court in the sky bubble
    2. An asymmetrical map using all 3 layers
    3. A racetrack on the middle floor
    4. A 1v1 arena in the crypt

8. Atrain

Atrain Ancient

gargantuan spaceship with 5-6 floors, different rooms, a bridge, a top part with vents and banshees, a bomb plant room which is the core of the ship, a bottom floor filled with land vehicles for deployment, a 2 floor living quarters for troops (and for awesome CQB action), BIG gun on the bottom (possibly a tank turret). Multiple banshees, Hornets, Transport hornets, tanks. attackers have a bunker + lots of vehicles...
    DIBS

9. redearth

redearth Ancient

I post my ideas because I admit I'm not that great of a forger, I just have good, original, ideas. If I know exactly how I'm going to execute something perfectly, then I don't release. If I know it can be done better, I let others make it, so at least my "creation" exists, even if I didn't make it.

10. EpicFishFingers

EpicFishFingers Ancient

I dibs my "Escape the Crypt" map and name. I won't describe the map as I've already described it twice, but if you steal my idea I'll come down on you like a tonne of ****. K?