Unofficial Forge Hub Halo 2 remakes

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Killer678, Dec 8, 2007.

1. Killer678

Killer678 Ancient

Here is a wish list of what classic games you want forge hub to make!
    *Lavamen (like tremors but instead of ghosts there are swords.)
    *Micheal Jackson with sword or shotgun (KOTH}
    *Tower of Power
    *Hide and Seek

Post here for games I have forgotten to put!

Micheal Jackson with sword or shotgun is a game where the humans have to get to the hill which is the safe zone. MJ can kill them only when they are not in the hill. (One life)

2. Nerf

Nerf Ancient

k I only know what Tremors is...

And the quest I have is: Can they rely on an honor system? Though I have an idea on Tremors without using it.

3. Killer678

Killer678 Ancient

Forge hub makes maps with very little honor riles :-\

4. Lone Deity

Lone Deity Ancient

So you just said "I want this!" I didn't play H2 and I have no idea what half these are. Please explain.

5. Rejecting You

Rejecting You Ancient

Hmm, nope, I think you nailed it.

6. jake2k3

jake2k3 Ancient

I've only heard of Tremors and Tower of Power, but I'll try to explain them for those who didn't play them on H2.

Tremors was played on Coagulation, with two teams; the first team had two members on it (the Tremors), and everyone else was on the other team (Humans). The Tremors team was allowed to use ghosts, while the human team had to walk on foot. The objective of the game was for the humans team to make it all the way to the tremors' base, grab the flag, and work it back to their own base. The catch, the Tremors were not allowed to shoot and could not splatter a human if they were standing on a rock/cliff/cave/elevated ground of some sort. Everyone had plasma pistols and were not allowed to fire them. No real combat at all, except for splatters.

ToP was played on Ascension. Everyone had shotguns and no shields. The "defense" base had a turret placed at its top, and when all members of the team were defending it it was very hard to take over. Slayer gametype, 250 points to win.

Never heard of Lavamen or Michael Jackson :/
    ~Jakester1024

7. gman347

gman347 Ancient

well i think that nothing beats halo 2 superjumps but i dont know how u would bring those back.

8. Killer678

Killer678 Ancient

Updated list

9. jake2k3

jake2k3 Ancient

Superjumping pissed me off :/

Which version of Hide And Seek? There were a bunch.
    ~Jakester1024

10. Gravedigger5454

Gravedigger5454 Ancient

The AZN Cottages thing that AZN FTW and Cottage are making is Tower of Power, I've played some of them, one is really good, so those cover Tower of Power. There's already published on this site Cat N' Mouse. I'm making a Tremors now (without honor rules), I don't really understand what the rest of these are though.

11. Killer678

Killer678 Ancient

No need for tremors Grave Digger. TDF is on it.

12. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

Hide & Seek would not be hard to remake at all,
    you wouldnt even need to Forge. Except to make extra hiding spots i suppose, if you desired.

But you do know that Bungie included Hide & Seek as an Infection variant in H3, right?

Its not the same as how we all played in H2, but its fun.
    The biggest problem with this, imo, is how many different ways that people played H&S.
    So you will always be having complainers.

I long for Ascension ToP to return though, that was my favorite custom.

13. TrueDarkFusion

TrueDarkFusion Ancient

Yavi and I have actually been doing this. We did Cat N' Mouse last weekend and we finished testing tremors last night.

14. Ray Benefield

Ray Benefield Godly Perfection
    Forge Critic

I have been working on an Alcatrez Variant.

In Halo 2, it was played on Last Resort. Two snipers stood up top on the sea wall (The great sniper perch), as the rest of the people would try to make it to the water safely. I am making a VIP game variant of that where you have to get your Key Prisoner to the beach, using decoys (people that have the same trait as the Key Prisoner) and equipment for protection.

15. Killer Carebear

Killer Carebear Ancient

Funny how you called Zanzibar Last Resort ;)

16. Orpheus

Orpheus Ancient

Tower of Power was the second map I Forged, on High Ground. I've also downloaded a Construct version and I repurposed a Last Resort map for it (though I later deleted it).

17. Ray Benefield

Ray Benefield Godly Perfection
    Forge Critic

So right now... Alcatrez is kinda screwed... I'll come back to it later. I think today I'm gonna take a break from Halo and play me some AC4... so I have some fresh ideas when I come back to forge tomorrow...

Speaking of Halo 2 remakes... Foundation on Foundry anyone? Somebody's going to do it... so I don't wanna. I have my own plans for Foundry...