Unnamed L4D Infection Series

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by NinKeith, Oct 18, 2009.

1. NinKeith

NinKeith Ancient

This project is a series of maps I started maybe about a month to a month and a half ago. With the rise of the Hub of the Dead contest I decided to finish up this project that I had given up on.

The maps were heavily inspired by Left 4 Dead and Manifest. It is a 4-part series where the objective is to stay alive and reach the end of the map. Yes, it is an objective style map. Every Map starts off in a somewhat safe area, which after long becomes a dangerous place to camp (by depletion of ammo).

The maps are made to promote you to keep moving by having alot of weapons, with little ammo in them. This creates a constant need for weapons to defend yourself from the zombies. And the only place to find them is further down the road.

The Humans have high shield but do low damage, so there is no 1-hit killing what-so-ever, except by assassinations, which are your worst enemy in this game. This promotes teamwork as the best way to kill someone is by a nice stab in the back. The zombies also get a custom powerup every 45 seconds in their spawn which gives them poor camo and makes them stronger (mini-bosses, if you will). And also have a few more tricks up their sleeves. At the end of each section is a boss infected, an infected who has a turret, ghost, ect. It varies by map.

Some pictures to make you even more anxious.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are two overview shots of the first and third map.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In each map, you start out where the last map ended, so you feel like you're actually progressing through the entire cave system. I also have a very big and well thought out story to accompany the maps.

The pack is nearly finished, with the third map in the finishing stages and the fourth one already being drawn up and ready to forge. Hopefully in time to submit the forth map to the Hub of the Dead contest.

Thanks for reading, also suggestions on a name for the entire series (I already named each map individually) would be extremely helpful.

2. Spicy Forges

Spicy Forges Ancient

that looks just amazing cant wait to see it finished

3. xDigitalFatal1ty

wow look very well forged and thought out if you need a tester just invite me cant wait to see it

4. Organite

Organite Journalist

I have to be honest, I love these kind of maps where you progress through stages. I am looking forward to this immensely.

5. Skisma

Skisma Creative Force

Wow I don't play infection much, but you kinda make me want to. This sounds very well thought out and you seem to have a great passion for making zombie maps. I myself make more competitive maps, but that's just my style. If could give me the name of each individual map and the story behind them, then I could come up with a name for the series in no time! Great work so far.

#5 Skisma, Oct 26, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2009