Unchained

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Furious D 18, Jan 18, 2008.

1. !nikheizen

!nikheizen Ancient

haha, nice and original, i'm downloading it, but
    there are a few maps made on something other then foundry, you just have to look real hard

2. Stolenpoo

Stolenpoo Ancient

I'm not sure if it is just me, but there are some walls that don't spawn for like 30 seconds when a round starts. It might help to tell you that it happened while I played infection on it. Good for slayer though, but I didn't check if the walls dissapeared in any other gametype besides infection.

3. AndywooT

AndywooT Ancient

This level looks murderous. The size is great the levels are awesome. It reminds me of old huckleberry cave down by the great big oak.

4. Killer678

Killer678 Ancient

Tutorial on how u made the triangle please....

5. ValorousBob

ValorousBob Ancient

I've been looking at this map and its hella awsome

6. Rmcski21

Rmcski21 Ancient

played the map a few times yesterday... Awesome map, really really well done, the interlocking is perfect.

Nicely done.

7. Biggles2

Biggles2 Ancient

awesome map well done

8. NeverlessWonder

NeverlessWonder Ancient

Yeah, when I played this with James he started laughing when I came up to him with a sentinel beam and he had a BR. The laughing stopped quick though when I killed him before he got 3 shots off.

9. Creeping Death

Creeping Death What's a Halo?

OOOOH! Looks very nice, DL'n it immediately!

10. SykoOne

SykoOne Ancient

I played this with my friend earlier and it was awesome.

11. RioT 17

RioT 17 Ancient

This looks really cool I think i'll download it now.

12. Furious D 18

Furious D 18 Ancient

Crap crap crap crap crap. I'll have to go back and look. If I find them I'll definitely put a link to the fixed version. I hate missing things like that. Thanks for letting me know.

Lol! Yeah, maybe the old SB needs back in. I'll put it in a corner somewhere when I fix the wall issues above. I know just the spot.

Umm, I just eyeballed it until it looked good. You have to use the interlocking technique that can be found in Forging 101. Also, I didn't think about this until after I made the map, but I could have switched into the CTF gametype while in Forge and placed a Respawn Area in the center of the triangle. Change the radius to 1 or .5 and use it to make sure each wall of the triangle is equidistant from the center. Then expand the radius to make sure each corner of the triangle is in the center. That would have been an easy way to make a perfect triangle, but I didn't think of it so I just had to eyeball it.

13. TrueDarkFusion

TrueDarkFusion Ancient

Furious you have to walk me through this map one day. It looks great, and it just might be feature worthy. Good jon, and I love the VH reference. :squirrel_rocking:

14. Furious D 18

Furious D 18 Ancient

That would be sweet. I think having this as a feature might show a lot more people exactly what can be done with interlocking.

Also, everyone, there has been an update to address some minor issues and one big one. The link in the first post will take you to the new version.

15. Stolenpoo

Stolenpoo Ancient

Thanks for fixing that stuff.

16. Frozenghost001

Frozenghost001 Ancient

nice map. it reminds me of a halo custom edition map, but forgot what it was called. It started with a [c]. But anyways awesome map.

17. Furious D 18

Furious D 18 Ancient

Thanks guys. I've gotten to play a few more games here; a five person Slayer match and a two person Rockets match.

The 5 person FFA was too many. There was rampant kill stealing going on, and not enough weapons to go around. It was crazy, but the map wasn't built for that many people.

The Rockets match was a blast! I watched the game film and saw at least 4 rockets get deflected by explosions. The layout of this map makes it great for Rockets, and I highly recommend it. I accidentally left the motion tracker on, but I think that was a good thing because you always knew where your opponent was. It created more rocket "face offs," which were fun. Here are some screenshots.

[​IMG]
    Ok, how is this not a kill? Stupid deflected rockets.

[​IMG]
    This is going to hurt.

[​IMG]
    I was camping the overshield spawn, and my enemy knew it so he shot a rocket. You can see it about to hit the wall behind me as the overshield respawns in this picture and.....

[​IMG]
    it was just in the nick of time! Quote from my enemy, "I shot a rocket down there and you shot out like a pop tart!"

[​IMG]
    I saw my enemy grab the overshield, and actually said the following over the microphone: "Oh crap, bubble shield, bubble shield, bubble shie...." BOOM!

It was a lot of fun.

I also added some layout screenshots to the original post. I took them a while ago but for some reason they did not transfer to my recent screenshots. I just now realized it, so I posted them. Here they are if you don't feel like going back to page one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Codexx

Codexx Ancient

Looks like a very interesting map. Lots of open space. I'll have to check it out.

19. Furious D 18

Furious D 18 Ancient

There is a lot of open space, but the map itself is small. With head to head matches, once you respawn, you know your enemy is going to be where he just was, but he has no idea where you'll respawn so you can get the drop on him before he finds you.

If you check it out, come back here and let me know what you think.

20. chromebandit

chromebandit Ancient

Hey Furious; you're brave. I wouldn't put that many interlocks on my map, but if you're a moderator, you've got the power. I will download, because it looks pretty sweet. Is there an estimated time on how long it took you to make this?