Unable to load halo 3 maps?

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by garsykat19, Sep 26, 2008.

1. garsykat19

garsykat19 Ancient

O.K the other day, I went to go play halo after about a week off it( Rock Band 2...), and too my surprise, I couldn't load any maps.:frustrated:

It's happened to me before so I decied to clear my 360's cache, and that did nothing. Cleaned the disk (mutiple times) and nothing. I even reset the halo cahe and still I can't load the maps. It goes 1%, 2%, 3%, 29%, 0%, then "player unable to load halo maps". I've also googled it and searched a few other forums, but was just wondering of anyone else had any info or tricks or any thing. :confused:
    Thanks alot.

2. Cookieking23

Cookieking23 Ancient

Did you try to redownload them? So long as you bought them, you won't have to pay again.

3. xxKyuSamaxx

xxKyuSamaxx Ancient

Go into forge or custom games, and try to bring up your list of maps. It will load them if it hasn't already.

4. Matty

Matty Ancient

If it is default maps, you have scratched your disc.

5. drak

drak Ancient

I have this same problem, and dude, you want a new disc, trust me...there's no way out.

I tried the banana method of cleaning or filling up scratches
    I tried the toothpaste method
    I tried just plain old cleaning it with my shirt, but alas, to no avail (lmao old language hear ye hear he)

Still, I don't have the two maps, High Ground, and Isolation
    AND on top of that, I HAVE NO CAMPAIGN!!!

6. JJ3672

JJ3672 Ancient

Matty and Guru speak the truth.

If the maps aren't Heroic or Legendary maps, or if it's campaign, then it's a problem with your disk. I would know myself, because I can't play the last level of campaign (I might have to blame my brother for the scratched disk, but one campaign level isn't enough to buy a new copy).

If the maps are from one of the two map packs, then do the following:
    --Log out of Xbox live (if you're already logged in)
    --Wait a couple seconds, then go to Forge
    --If the map shown is not a new map, wait until the loading starts, then click on the map as if you want to select a new one
    --The missing maps should now load, once loading stops, exit and reenter the map selection screen

Hopefully the above steps will fix your problem, but if they don't then it's probably a disk problem. Good luck...

7. Draw the Line

Draw the Line Ancient

It may sound weird, buy chap stick works to fix scratched or even cracked disks. If all else fails a disk doctor works well too.

Darkdragon likes this.
  8. H3C x Nevz

H3C x Nevz Ancient

It happened to me once; I didn't bother with all the methods, I just got a new disk.

9. garsykat19

garsykat19 Ancient

Well I have re-downloaded the maps, but last night I took my HDD off and tried to load the maps, and it worked, sorta. It loaded Last Resort, but then when I went to play, the screen went blank and I couldn't do anything, not even bring up the Xbox Guide. And I can load my game content, saved maps and such, but just not the actual maps. And Also, I might just try the chapstick/toothpaste, just for fun:happy:

10. Cookieking23

Cookieking23 Ancient

Well, something is wrong, either with your box or your disk. Does your disk have a lot of scratches?

11. garsykat19

garsykat19 Ancient

Well, I hate to say it, but it does have a fair amount. Not anything deep or large, but enough that it could cause this. And I doubt it could be my box, I just got a new one a few months ago. But I just found it weird, because I was playing it like 2 or 3 days before Rock Band 2 came out, then I stopped playing for about a week, then BAM! Can't play anymore...

And one other thing I'll try, is borrowing another disk from a friend, and seeing if it works. If it does, it's my box, and if it's not, then it's time to drop $50-$60 on a new disk:cry:

12. Boyle06

Boyle06 Ancient

ya borrow a disk.. if that doesnt work hen buy i new one this prob. happened when u have rock band in halo 3 is out.. n im just going to assume u didnt put it in the case.. n if u did someone might have stepped on the case... but i know game doctors work well but if all that ^^^^ failed then im guessing disk doctor will too but good luck n i wanna no if ur freinds disk works... keep us posted lol :>

13. Dragull

Dragull Ancient

Yeah, i have the same problem, but my disk is scratched so there isn't much i can do.
    If you live on the US, you can replace your disk for a new one, it cost U$ 20,00.

OR

You can also wait until microsoft release the new update for xbox, i heard that it will allow games to be installed on Xbox HD, so you could load the maps from the HD.

PS: i've heard that metal polish repair disks, its true?

PS²: peaple really should send this things to Mythbusters, i mean, there is a LOT of myths about repairing disks...

14. Cookieking23

Cookieking23 Ancient

Installing the maps onto the harddrive won't be possible if it can't read the maps in the first place >_>

15. Dragull

Dragull Ancient

My friend have one.

16. MUGZ85

MUGZ85 Ancient

Switcharoo

Definitely sounds like a problem with the disc. Rent the game to test it out. If it works, switch the rented game with yours and away you go, lol. Also, if you bought it at Wal-Mart, they'll typically give you an exchange despite when you bought it.

17. Elitekiller52

Elitekiller52 Ancient

It isn't the disk, its the xbox 360
    I have the same problem I can't play ANY campiagn levels and Last Resort
    I played my disk on my friends 360 and it works fine

18. FORGING2PERFEKTION

maybe you should try to clean your disk or redownload them.
    if this dont works you maybe have to buy a new disk