Ultimate Budget Glitch

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Iv0rY Snak3, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Buzzdady

Buzzdady Ancient

Oh, I had he maximum number of an object......if only I read more carefully >.< *goes to restart*
    Thanks for the help though!

2. Keitapath

Keitapath Ancient

Wow. It's things like this that keep forging alive and well. Great job, a lot of forgers owe you a map on the house.

3. Boyle06

Boyle06 Ancient

great idea

4. Duckyz

Duckyz Ancient

that looks realy good but if the run time maximum is always 1 behind does that mean that the budget will run out?

5. Gamer720

Gamer720 Ancient

Not behind, ahead.

6. Ryan. K.

Ryan. K. Ancient

Great find! This will surely help Forgers with creating their maps! :D

7. Corey D97

Corey D97 Ancient

but if you get somthing when you start then delete it stops the glitch what should i do ??

8. b3ware

b3ware Ancient

Are there any risks involved? Of any kind? I'm almost skeptical, it seems too good to be true!

9. b3ware

b3ware Ancient

I think I did the same thing...*restarts*

10. Kyfion

Kyfion Ancient

wait wait wait wait, i mean its a great glitch and all but im a lil confused. First 2 questions...Im halfway through my current map on FOUNDRY and ur saying all i have to do is click X on every object that ive already layed down and add 1 to its run time maximum? that seems a lil hard to believe. and secondly if i use the blank canvas (meaning i have to start over again) will the author of the map change to my name? or will it stay as the original creator of the canvas?

11. thecartographer

thecartographer Ancient

Kyfion to answer your first question, yes if you add 1 to the run time maximum of each item you have or are going to use on your existing map then yes then glitch will work for the rest of your map. And for your second question, no once you edit the map yourself the author of the map will be in your name.

Guys please and I repeat please read the full description of the initial post. It tells you the few flaws there and how to fix them.

12. Kyfion

Kyfion Ancient

k, thanks a million cartographer, and thanks for the glitch.

13. thecartographer

thecartographer Ancient

14. forgyforge

forgyforge Ancient

I am fine with my money glitch behind my big wall(a wall convas with a money glitch.). Also I realy don't get it. But if someone realeases a map like this I AM SURE TO DL.

15. Gamer720

Gamer720 Ancient

The only thing wrong with the old version(even if you make a wall and can still access the objects) is the deleting of the object and it being gone forever.

16. sethkasketch

sethkasketch Ancient

please make more!

wow, this is a great glitch!
    i don't suppose you could do the same for all the maps?
    that would be great

17. SpartanJediMan

SpartanJediMan Ancient

This is GENIUS!!! I look at this and realize how obvious this glitch is, and why has any one not thought of it now that the secret is known. I accidently did something like this with a friend but never realized the implications (we messed up the map and never saved it and we never realized we glitched). U are my (almost) savior!!

18. FattyFatFat Kid

FattyFatFat Kid Ancient

Wow great find! Just one problem:

When I saw this I thought I was going to be able to save a couple of my maps that were incomplete because I made them before I found out about the first budget glitch. So I loaded up a blank Foundry canvas (no glitching) and tried this glitch myself and it worked beautifully. Then I loaded up one of my maps which ran out of money before it was complete. I noticed I still had a bridge left to spawn (I only had 15 on the map), but I couldn't spawn one because it was greyed out due to the lack of money. So I deleted a bridge and then carefully followed your instructions on the first page;

Player 1: go into Bridge summary
    Player 2: spawns extra bridge (15th bridge)
    Player 1: selects Runtime Max which is at 15
    Player 2: deletes bridge
    Player 1: pushes A and it briefly saves at 15, but then automatically resets itself to 14. What Am I doing wrong? Do I still have a chance to save my maps?

*EDIT* Nevermind, I figured it out. For those forgers with the same problem, the reason the game automatically resets the runtime max back down to where it was before is because the game doesn't have enough money to support the extra runtime increase. I was able to glitch the bridges by deleting two bridges and then following the glitching procedure. Thanks again guys! Awesome find!

#118 FattyFatFat Kid, Aug 30, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2008
  19. danlj

danlj Ancient

im gunna try this out thanks if it works :p

20. sonnycorle

sonnycorle Ancient

very useful thanks for sharing