U-turn

Discussion in 'Reach Mini Game Maps' started by oomishday3, Mar 30, 2012.

1. oomishday3

oomishday3 Promethean

This is a very simple but very fun minigame. It takes 4 minutes and the more people you have the more fun it is!

GAMETYPE:
    --Use the default race gametype but change the time limit to 4 minutes and laps to 50.

Halo Reach Minigame "U-TURN" with oomishday3 :) - YouTube

The video should explain everything. Objects spawn after set times, it gets more and more chaotic as time goes.

more time + more people = more death + more fun.

The map is technically compatible with battle tracks but it is less fun since there are only 8 mongeese and less collisions.

Please feel free to tell me if you love it or hate it! Every time I've tested it people have insisted that we play it a second or even third time.

2. iTz Kneecap eH

iTz Kneecap eH Forerunner

Very neat concept. Simple yet fun.

I'm going to give this a download but it's really a shame because I never have anyone to play custom games with. If only custom games was as popular as it was in Halo 3...

Well there really isn't much I can say other than I love it and the walls closing in just makes the map seem more intense and I hope to have some memorable games. :)

3. SpartanPeter

SpartanPeter Around the Block

I saw you video earlier, and man this looks like an lot of fun, but one thing you didnt explain i guess. Why are the railings on the top changing? i can understand the 5X1 and the killball.

Anyways looks awesome man.

4. oomishday3

oomishday3 Promethean

The map seemed naked without the railings creeping together at the top but at the same time I didn't want low ceilings. I tried to have it show the railings getting more chaotic and closer together as the map got more and more chaotic and skinnier. It was the best idea I could come up with for a central aesthetic idea.

5. Oweirdone

Oweirdone Promethean

Looks pretty good, the only thing I would change is to make the u turn area a ramp up and back down the wall, to make it smoother, so that they drive up an ever steeper ramp and turn around again, probably with the zone quite near the top?

Just a suggestion :)

Nice map, good idea :)

6. Juggacly

Juggacly Forerunner

I like the idea of the walls coming in closer, but I don't really see that making anything harder. (Although in the video you did say it makes it more chaotic) I havn't actually tried it yet. And Probably won't be able to gather enough people up to have a fun game in it. But I saw the video, that showed me quite abit of the map. But anyway, good job!

Actually, in that video I did see the walls coming in quite abit. I guess, then that would make it harder... Or, whatever you'de like to say.

#6 Juggacly, Apr 7, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2012