Twisted Wiskers

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by forgekid, Sep 13, 2008.

1. forgekid

forgekid Ancient

This map was designed with two cities in mind. It is divided down the middle with a wall. There is two ways to get from side to side and a difficult way that you can mannage to get over the wall.

Please let me know if you have any ideas on how to improve this map in any of the map gametypes. Thanks for taking a look and have a blast...literally.

Vehicles
    Mongooses, Gause Warthog

Weapons and Equipment
    Rocket, sniper, landmines,brute shots, shotguns, needler, battle rifle, carbine, flame grenades, frags, spikes, plasma grenades, bubble shield, pistol, shield

Game Types Supported
    *ALL OF THEM*

YouTube Video

DOWNLOAD MAP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DOWNLOAD MAP

NOTES:
    The window panels on the top of the fortresses were intended to be slanted. All portions of this map were intended to be crooked if they are and straight if they are straight. No part of this map is messed up as far as I know. The roofs are supposed to be crocked in some spots as a village is not a village without nifty crooked roofs. There is not actually that much open ground as it appears in the pictures either. Try the map to see what I mean or watch the YouTube video for a better feel than the pictures give.

#1 forgekid, Sep 13, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2008
  2. sexy dude

sexy dude Ancient

what do you really do on this cause i cant see CTF as being an option for this maybe infection or slayer but not assult either also i would take some better pictures of the map to really show of your skills in forgeing

3. forgekid

forgekid Ancient

CTF and Assault are two of the main gametypes. The flags spawn on the rooftops. Trust me it's a freaking blast on those two gametypes. All gametypes are setup very well on this map. Test it out and let me know. Thank you.

4. STEClash96

STEClash96 Ancient

The map does'nt have that much Forging 101 things in it. Not calling it bad but it could use some fixing up in some area's. For example, Those roof's on top of the houses don't seem straight. It's also way too open. Make a V2 or an updated version. The map deserves a 3.8/5, Needs to be touched up in some area's. The window panel on top of the forretress (Spelling) is'nt straight either.

EDIT: Sorry I did'nt see the houses on both sides that were for cover, So it's 3.9/5 now.

#4 STEClash96, Sep 13, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2008
  5. Chron

Chron Ancient

I think you should make a v2 of this map if not an updated version of it cause with some interlocking and geomerging i think this map would be quite good

i'm going to give this map a 3.6/5 for now but take my advice and use some forging 101 techniques and then possibly this map could get a 4.5/5 or even a 5/5 from me

6. DDjusD

DDjusD Ancient

-snip-

#6 DDjusD, Sep 13, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
  7. BarkusTheMan 1

BarkusTheMan 1 Ancient

wow, it looks like this has no interlocking and i can't see a single flaw! the map looks really interesting i like all the little huts and the main structures just look so cool. looks like a perfectly designed and functional map, great job i will definitely check this out.

8. Boyle06

Boyle06 Ancient

there was some interlocking tho it could use alot more i liked the layout but maybe do more w/ the "HUTS"... the barns where nice i think the deployable cover was a bit much n need for it...
    put some more pop into this n im not sure the back hallway would help gameplay its just too far from the base and it doesnt help u much for getting u out of the battle cause u just have to tredge right back through...
    add more weapons...
    but it has potential

9. TheXShadowXKing

TheXShadowXKing Ancient

nicely done gameplay wise good for ffa and....infection and lets see maybe a lil more cover...ohh and loved the video "and im going to blow myself up now