Twisted Waterway

Discussion in 'Reach Race Maps' started by Cookie857, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Cookie857

Cookie857 Forerunner

Twisted Waterway

Created by fI RazeR

This is my first race map in Reach, it's quite smooth but has a few bumps. It has a lap time of around 1:30 to 2:00. It is compatible with the default Race gametype and BattleTracks.

Screenshots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Download!

#1 Cookie857, Jan 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
  2. Shik

Shik Forerunner

Doesn't look too bad, i can't judge too much because I have never made a map related to racing. In your fourth picture, there is a floating corner or bunker piece. I don't know if that's meant to be there or what. Not bad for a first post, you got a small description and pictures. Nice

3. Cookie857

Cookie857 Forerunner

The floating bunker holds a receiving teleporter to prevent cheating whilst using the BattleTracks gametype. It houses a soft kill boundary to punish cheaters further.

4. guiguipelloq

guiguipelloq Promethean

Well it doesn't look bad overall, or ever not well-forged. But it does looks like a not-so-new battletrack, as we see a lot of these. I don't see the interest of the map, the thing that will make it better than the other tracks.

5. Savage Tracks

Savage Tracks Forerunner

Looks great. It really looks like it would be fun for Battle Tracks. A few towers or structures would have been cool for some aesthetics. Sometimes you want some of the scenery to block a few shots, other wise it's too easy to see everyone from every angle. The track it self looks well forged. I will DL and get a big BT game going with some friends. Great job!

6. kellingnick

kellingnick Promethean

It looks really good. I have not had the pleasure to race on it yet, so i really cant say much.

[br][/br]
    Edited by merge:

What is a good lap time on this track?

[br][/br]
    Edited by merge:

I just raced here and I really enjoyed it. Your turns were very smooth and the turn with the rocks really messed some people up, which I thought was genius. With the jumps I would try to get them to give the drivers more air time. A lot of people including myself love those huge lofty consistently smooth jumps. If you would take that into consideration for your next map that would be awesome. Overall this map was very good.

#6 kellingnick, Jan 23, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  7. Cookie857

Cookie857 Forerunner

The fastest lap I have gotten was around 1:40, but I have seen a friend get one of about 1:25.

8. SilentSlayer

SilentSlayer Promethean

looks sweet, not every race you can use weapons, should make for an intresting game type. and the map look very well made