Twisted Raceway

Discussion in 'Reach Race Maps' started by T4K Shadow, Sep 11, 2012.

1. T4K Shadow

T4K Shadow Ancient

TWISTED RACEWAY

[​IMG]

Twisted Raceway; I made this track roughly a year ago but never got around to publishing it or testing it. Recently went back through all of my maps on my HDD and found it, and after playing it with a few people I really enjoyed it. So now you find it here, on this forum.

Twisted is different than many other racetracks, as it contains several "cross-over" points where collisions are possible. On one particular section of the map you get 3 different paths cross at the same point, so that's always fun!

As far as I can tell the map is unbreakable. This was a concern initially as the different cross points could have acted as shorcuts, but thanks to clever placement of the race checkpoints, I believe it's unbreakable.

For more details on the map please feel free to watch the video and analyse the following screenshots!

Halo Reach - Twisted Raceway - YouTube

Overview 1:
    [​IMG]

Overview 2:
    [​IMG]

Overview 3:
    [​IMG]

Action 1:
    [​IMG]

Action 2:
    [​IMG]

Action 3:
    [​IMG]

Action 4:
    [​IMG]

Thanks for viewing my map and my thread. It's been a while but it's nice to be back here.

- Shadow

2. Legistics

Legistics Promethean

Great map dude. It's so small and simple but it looks really affective and I love how you used the landing pads and the buildings to make most of the track. I think you could spice it up with some nice looking aestetics to make it even better.

3. pyro

pyro The Joker

I just drove around this for a while and it's quite fun. The crossings of the track are well done and should mix things up a bit in a full party. Not as destructive as Hex but just as fun.

While the driving was quite smooth, the choice of objects for the track gives it a messy appearance while driving and there's a bit of framerate lag while going around the final, highest turn. Neither one is too big an issue.

#3 pyro, Sep 11, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  4. SimmonsZore

SimmonsZore Promethean

This is a fun map with a large party I got dizzy abit watching this on film.