Tutorial: How to Host Pictures.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Juggernaut, Aug 24, 2008.

1. Juggernaut

Juggernaut Ancient

I see people asking questions on how to get a signature on this site after they've created one. I'll go through some simple steps on how to host a signature after you or someone else has created it.

1. Save the signature in a PNG format. JPG or JPEG format usually degrades the quality of the image. I also use BMP format also.

2. After the signature is saved on your computer go to a hosting site. A hosting site is either a free or paid for site where you can host your images as an internet page for everyone to view. Here is a list of some of the popular hosting sites.

Image Shack
    Putfile
    Photo Bucket
    Exoload
    Tiny Pic
    Free Image Hosting
    Maj

3. For this step I'll be using Photobucket.com as my host site. After you register on the site go into your albums by clicking the my albums button at the top left.
    [​IMG]

4. After you arrive at your empty, but soon to be filled album page, click on the choose files button in the middle of the page.
    [​IMG]

5. After you press the button a screen will come up and you can choose the folder that the picture you want to upload is in. After you find the picture select it and click ok. (You can select more than one picture if you need more than one uploaded).

6. Let the website do it's thing and load them. After it finishes you'll go into a different page where it asks you what you want to name your pictures and if you want to put a short description. Name the pictures and click "ok" at the bottom of the page. It will send you back into your album and show the picture(s) that you've just uploaded. Underneath the images you uploaded it will have text boxes with text in them. To put an image in a post or in your signature box use the IMG code text that is the very last text box underneath the image.

[​IMG]

7. Copy and paste the image code in your post and it should show up without a problem. I hope this helps. If you have any problems or questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

2. Dizfunky

Dizfunky Ancient

Dude, this will be helpful to the newbies who are all liek, OMFGGG I PUT THE LINK FRUM BNET IN THE IMG TAGS BUT IT NO WERKS...

3. Juggernaut

Juggernaut Ancient

Thanks. I feel the same way. I hope new members will take a look at this.

Dizfunky likes this.
  4. Bigmacdeath

Bigmacdeath Ancient

thx i understand it now :) lolz