Remake Turf

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by Gamefreak1792, Sep 27, 2010.

1. bmurf

bmurf Ancient

I like this map a lot, even more than turf lagoon, which is also excellent. the main thing that i do like better about turf lagoon is the roof. i understand that you are making a remake but i think the people sometimes take it too far. the jetpack changed everything in Reach. I think that when people make remakes they sometimes focus more on aesthetics than the gameplay. Anyway, thats just my two cents. Great Job on this regardless.

2. BuoyantPigeon

BuoyantPigeon Forerunner

Pretty nice remake, most of it is very accurate. I like how you have tried to recreate the surroundings as well. Not sure how accurate they are but its a nice touch.

3. FATMAN192

FATMAN192 Forerunner

I'm so glad someone finally brought this back. I loved this on Halo 2 but I have a couple of issues. Not to serious but I thought worth noting like the reds spawn location. The floor was way off it needs to be elevated just a bit. Also in Halo 2 next to the sniper there was a radio tower or something that you could bash and shoot. It would fall down and act as abridge between the plasma grenade platform and the sniper platform. Why not use a large brace and slope it a bit for the bridge.
    Other than that I love the map top Job.

4. EIite Grunt

EIite Grunt Ancient

Wow it looks just like the original Turf. RIP H2.

5. rusty290

rusty290 Ancient

hmmmm, interesting. Can i get your opinion on my Streets map?

6. needy154

needy154 Forerunner

love the map, but need friends 4 custms games...feel free to add me on xbl

7. rusty290

rusty290 Ancient

I ckecked it out and this is my opinion.
    Good:
    The overall layout of this version is pretty good, but nothing really sticks out. The aesthetic in the map do bring bring be back.

Bad: I didn't like the door to the warehouse. You are supposed to be able to drive a Hog in there, not just people. I didn't like how the small "buildings" were set up. The proportions of the walk ways were a little off and I thought it was a little messed up seeing rocks replacing boxes and trucks. Also, I didn't think it was right to putting the bridge in there. It looks good, don't get me wrong. But you shouldn't be focusing on a part of scenery that will not effect the gameplay. I confess, after the layout of the map is done, and i put all the things I need in it, I'll put some scenery in it. But I only do it if there is absolute nothing else I can or want to do in the map playing area.
    2/5

8. Gamefreak1792

Gamefreak1792 Ancient

Thanks for the comments and reviews, and I actually updated the map
    UPDATED VERSION HERE
    but Rusty i checked out your map and i like what you did it, it is similar enough to feel like turf but its different enough to where it plays like its own map. Nice job but also Rusty i actually updated all the things you said u had a problem with so go check the updated version out and let me know what you think.