Tunnel Rats 3

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Salty, Jul 23, 2008.

?

Rate

1. 1 Poor

2.2%
  2. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3 Average

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 4

23.9%
  5. 5 Great

73.9%
  1. Eyeless Sid

Eyeless Sid Ancient

This is a good sequel to tunnel rats 2 the tunnels look larger which is better for infection games and I like the larger overall map layout with the guard towers and supply depots. 5/5 great work salt.

2. Smeagle

Smeagle Ancient

Wow Salty, 40 replies in 14 hours ? Damn......
    Well I have to say the loss of tunnels is indeed a sad face.
    But the map is still amazing compared to others.
    I ****in loved v2 to the umpteenth power.
    And now I have a new map to be loved for hours and hours on end.
    Amazing job! 10/10

3. Tinginho

Tinginho Ancient

Wow this map is amazing and im glad it finally came out.im sure u spent a lot of time on it.im sure i will love it once i download it

4. bib bob

bib bob Ancient

well all that need's to be said is that two salty nutts delivered
    what a prime example of how to turn a map in to an interlocked masterpiece
    as well as the aesthetics look unchallenged and the map over all looks like an real bungie map well do and I'm glad that you finally released it to the world.

5. Sworn Shadow

Sworn Shadow Ancient

Great map the tunnels are far more detailed then both previous 5/5 gret job definite download.

6. TyRant Hacker

TyRant Hacker Ancient

watched the process of building the map, loved testing the game play, and love it with all my heart. that's why i love you baby. SALTY

7. Supa Spartans

Supa Spartans Ancient

Cant wait to play this

8. The Sir Toppum Hat

What is up with everyone thinking here is no tunnels. If anything there are more tunnels than in Tunnel Rats 1 or 2. Also the Tunnels in Tunnel Rats 3 are more complex and realistic to the time period the map is placed in. So stop thinking there is no tunnels, it’s irritating, and did you really think a map called (Tunnel) Rats wouldn’t have tunnels.

Amazing map Salty 10/10

9. evan12075

evan12075 Ancient

Agreed. i took a forge through on this one and then compared it the older ones... HUGE improvement on the tunnel system. The first 2 ones seemed to just go in a circle the whole time. The Tunnel Rats 3 tunnel system seemed way more complex and it was A LOT cleaner. Salty, your forging skill has obviously improved since tunnel rats 2 and 1, the map really shows it. lol and its not like your forging skills weren't always up to scratch anyway. the map is great, i only got to play a little 3 man FFA on it for a little, but didnt find any problems with it yet. i look forward to playing it some more so i can try to get some more thorough feedback from you.

P.S. Will there be a number 4?

10. Paulie Walnuttz

Paulie Walnuttz Ancient

finnally i remember seeing this when it was just started and almost finished, [tear] its beautiful, it is so much like a little compound, the tunnels are great, i love the 2 huts, the waterfall is nice and the helicopter is genius just as it was in the others, and the booby traps are great. Infection and assault is very fun, amazing job once again salty, this deserves a feature.

11. Mr Pokephile

Mr Pokephile Forge Labs
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Okay so I reviewed this map in depth and looked at all your hidden weapons witch I might add are awsome. I was blown away with the bunker idea. I have never seen it done in this matter. It was purly mind blowing. I also really like the feel to this map. All the hidden stuff is engineus. I really like this way its put togeather how you can get from what part of the map and pop up in the other. Now for the construtive critisim.
    I really think yo ushould have blocked off the back a bit furthur. thats its :p

I know of Fred the Skull as wel...

12. Camoflaug

Camoflaug Ancient

nice nice nice i loved the other tunnel rats so this should be a beauty but is there still a pallet ground in this one? cause that was the best thing about the last one. and i see you turned the chopper around haha i just SO MUCH BETTER

13. TrioEnzyme

TrioEnzyme Ancient

I thought that Tunnel Rats 1 & 2 were too dependent on the tunnels for good gameplay and the outside was lacking. This is brilliant. I'd even go so far to say this is the best made map I've seen. Pure Brilliance.

14. Shock Theta

Shock Theta Father of 4chub
    Forge Critic Senior Member

I updated the featured map post. Great job Salty.

15. Cryptokid

Cryptokid Ancient

Wow this is completely different from the first one I still love that copter though lol. I like the new tunnel area and waterfall area this is a definite dwnld for me. Nice work Salty.

16. AqueousBeaver

AqueousBeaver Ancient

Great job again, Salty. The tunnel systems are the best yet, and the bunker is just awesome. I love the way you made the tunnel systems feel connected between the structures, even though they aren't really. It's like they're underground. Just awesome.

17. Alex Smith

Alex Smith Ancient

Finally! I've b een waiting forever for another Tunnel Rats!

18. drak

drak Ancient

5/5 definetely, and ive been waiting for this jewel...i LOVE the aesthetics, nice!

19. Jump4h

Jump4h Ancient

dang thats awesome
    i like the snipe tower and the helicopter, very well forged and interlocked
    8.8/10
    it seems kind of hard to navigate, but you do have very good forging skills.

20. TyRant Hacker

TyRant Hacker Ancient

the map is great, and love the bobbie trap. don't let this amazing map die, and it deserves to be featured! a youtube video will be out, as soon as smelly captures it and uploads it to our halo3forge account, so expect to see a video soon.