Trouble Drop Spawning.

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by vPhobia, May 7, 2009.

1. vPhobia

vPhobia Ancient

I've forged a new map on Sandbox in the sky bubble and I've been working on the weapons. I know that you have to drop spawn items to get them to respawn at the same time as the maps on MLG Maps if I'm correct. So far, I've spawned them in the air, saved the game, and ended the game for my snipers and the rockets, but they always respawn randomly. If anybody could help me with this, even add me on XBL and come fix it for me and teach me on this, it would be helpful. I've looked up tutorials and I can't seem to find a solution.

Thanks.

Current GT: The 8 VVonder (V's not a W)

2. IDave the Rave

IDave the Rave Ancient

I don't understand, I've never heard of drop spawning, and I don't understand how it changes the respawn time. But I do know that you can change the respawn times by pressing X on your controller whilst hovering over the weapon.

3. Ladnil

Ladnil Ancient

You need to set the item to spawn in the air, and you also need to increase the runtime maximum for that item. If the runtime max is still 1, then the item can't respawn till the old one is gone.

Also, weapons respawning in forge mode doesn't work quite right, so make sure you're testing if it works or not in a custom game.

4. vPhobia

vPhobia Ancient

I did all of that, the runtime max is at 8 for both the snipers and the rockets. It does spawn in the air, and I test it in a custom game too.

5. Ladnil

Ladnil Ancient

All I can think of is maybe it isn't high enough off the ground then. If you've got it elevated enough, runtime max higher than min, correct respawn times, and a custom game to test, then they should work...

6. vPhobia

vPhobia Ancient

Does the height really affect it?

7. STWOW

STWOW Ancient

Yes, the item has to get a certain distance from it's spawn to start the timer gain. So just make them higher, it has nothing to do with Sandbox.

8. theheat

theheat Ancient

The height is 3 seconds before it settles. Also if it hits any walls or anything on the way down it can affect it. Also the time it takes until it is settles adds to the respawn time. Ex: On Narrows the sniper's respawn time is set to 2:30. It takes 3 seconds to fall. The actual respawn rate is 2:33, so it spawns at, 15:00, 12:26, 9:53, 7:20, etc.

Hope that helps.

9. vPhobia

vPhobia Ancient

Wow, thanks, that helped amazingly!

10. AlexIsCoool

AlexIsCoool Ancient

Respawn time does not start over every time the weapon spawns, It starts over every time someone picks up the weapon. SO, If everyone picks up the weapons at the same time it will work. However that is impossible so the solution is drop spawning. When the weapon hits the ground it is considered dead. The counter will start over and the weapon can still be picked up.

A good example of this is when you drop a weapon in forge mode and you cant delete it on the ground so you have to catch it or put an object underneath it to catch it. This is because you cant delete weapons that are dead.

So, I believe you are not dropping your weapons high enough or hard enough to kill them.