Troika

Discussion in 'Featured Maps' started by Iv0rY Snak3, Aug 9, 2008.

?

How would you rate this map?

1. Poor

5 vote(s)
    6.1%
  2. Okay

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  3. Average

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  4. Good

20 vote(s)
    24.4%
  5. Great

53 vote(s)
    64.6%
  1. Iv0rY Snak3

Iv0rY Snak3 Ancient

Troika

Created by NeverlessWonder and Tender Bisquit
    Gametypes Supported:
    All Gametypes
    Recommended Players:
    2-8

Troika is an asymmetric map much like Cyclopean. In fact, it's almost a 'Cyclopean 2' with how many similarities and improvements there are." - As posted in the original thread. With the idea of it being a "Cyclopean 2," don't let that throw you thinking that this map is just a revision of the first. As there are several, clear, differences/improvements, such as multiple Cyclopean walls, ladders and the ingenious fishtank.

These new features allow for larger parties to enjoy the same gameplay that the original Cyclopean boasted, but in a newer, shinier environment. Of course the map would not be the same without its famed fishtank, which, although being purely aesthetic, is just originality in in its purest form. NeverlessWonder and Tender Bisquit have gone above and beyond with this map, making it as good as it can be in every aspect.

#1 Iv0rY Snak3, Aug 9, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2008
  2. Mysterious D

Mysterious D Ancient

Congrats Nev, grats Bisquit. A great feature; especially on the clue version of this, Troika is epically complicated and fun. I'm not sure exactly what else to put other than what's already been put, except for "inb4 fishtanks lolz".

Great stuff Nev, Bisquit. :)

#2 Mysterious D, Aug 9, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2008
  3. Y35 <3

Y35 <3 Ancient

Reserved? lol
    Anyway, i never saw when this map came out, but from the looks of it i like it already
    the Aesthetics look amazing, and i'm guessing since its featured that the gameplay is pretty good, maybe we can play this someday, it looks great with the stairs, but i think the forum needs another picture or so, cause the effects kinda make it look wacky

4. Linubidix

Linubidix Ancient

I had a feeling this'd happen.
    I'm yet to actually play on this yet. Its been sitting on my hard drive for about a month.
    I've had a forgethrough and its a great map, so diverse. I really want to play it now.

5. SE7ENS1NS4M

SE7ENS1NS4M Ancient

Hey when you say clue varient where aboots would i be able to find sucha ting?
    ps map looks amazing!!

6. SPAGETTII

SPAGETTII Ancient

cool. I have a lot of experience with this map. I was going through all sorts of maps on forgehub and downloading them with my friend at like 3:00 in the morn and I came across this little gem. Anyways, we were just screwing around on it when we discovered the secret fuel rod. We spent about 1 and a half hours trying to get to it and trying to get to the flamethrower. After some innovative grenade jumps and a lot of stress we finally reached our coveted weapons. and we got to the fishbowl and such. Regardless, this is a really cool, well made map.

7. Widestoned

Widestoned Ancient

i knew this map was gonna be featured! great job i give it a 10/5, i love the name and the whole design of it! especially how u interlocked the fence with the geomerged box!

8. Iv0rY Snak3

Iv0rY Snak3 Ancient

Clue.

9. thesilencebroken

thesilencebroken Jill Sandwich

this played alright. i didnt really like it all that much gameplay-wise, but it wasnt bad. i think it was the weapon choice mostly. Someone was always running around with the fuelrod.

the layout is pretty nice though. i liked that about it. My favorite parts were the fishtank[!!!] and the ladder. I hid up there for awhile.

10. Nemihara

Nemihara Ancient

Finally. What took so freaking long?

Congratulatios, Neverless and TB. Your long journey and self-imposed isolation to take time to forge this beauty paid off amazingly well.

11. Seaboro Kibbles

Seaboro Kibbles Ancient

the picture of inside the cylopean wall should have been on the front page. :(

12. MidgetHunter xx

MidgetHunter xx Ancient
    Banned

Anyway, i never saw when this map came out, but from the looks of it i like it already
    the Aesthetics look amazing, and i'm guessing since its featured that the gameplay is pretty good,

13. RaBBiiTTT

RaBBiiTTT Ancient

This is a very well designed map. Nice work. Hope to see more of your maps!

14. Norlinsky

Norlinsky Guest

I'm not too sure what's going on in this map, although it does look awesome. I'm going to DL and run a full investigation before I can fully conclude my inquiry

15. Camoflaug

Camoflaug Ancient

yay finally featured i play clue and stuff on this map its pretty sick and i wondered why i havent seen around its really cool i love the layout it reminds me of sewers with the bridge stair thing. and a bit of renegade. 2 great maps in one a MASTERPEICE!!

16. Furious D 18

Furious D 18 Ancient

Another masterpiece by the pair of Wraiths. This map is a blast to play on. There are few maps out there that even though I'm getting my ass kicked, I'm still having fun. This is one of those maps. And it looks pretty, too.

NeverlessWonder now can haz preemeeuhms?

17. Pro NZ Assassin

Pro NZ Assassin Ancient

Oh man this map looks mean, congrats on the feature.....

18. Winterburner

Winterburner Ancient

When I saw the 1st picture I was like ''This is kewl!'' it looks very epic and I wait to play it.

19. Da Pig

Da Pig Ancient

Finally it got featured! What took so long? Congratulations Neverless and Bisquit! The map really deserved a feature. It was great!

20. HLG Viper

HLG Viper Ancient

I had a feeling this would happen. I broke this map ages ago and wrote a report on it, he never fixed it though >: ( Lazy sunuva..
    jk, this map has some great features! The gameplay as well as the aesthetics and originality is phenomenal, and this map definately deserves it!