Triumph

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by haruki jitsunin, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Aclopolipse

Aclopolipse Ancient
    Banned

The map looks great.
    Must Q!
    Must Q!

2. Dodfrontlines11

Dodfrontlines11 Ancient
    Banned

looks pretty cool

3. H3C x Nevz

H3C x Nevz Ancient

Looks interesting. Excellent job on the interlocking.

4. haruki jitsunin

haruki jitsunin Ancient

Thank you all for the downloads and comments. I can't wait to hear feedback if you choose to give it.

5. Draw the Line

Draw the Line Ancient

I love non-linear maps. This looks like your best map yet Haruki! I'll certainly check it out.

6. Bottlecap

Bottlecap Ancient

Superb interlocking. I like the fact also that it kinda looks like half a toilet bowl.

7. haruki jitsunin

haruki jitsunin Ancient

Thank you DrawtheLine and Brute captain. I really hope that I can get some constructive criticism from you all once you play it, if you choose to give it.

8. toonshorty

toonshorty Ancient

Great job, just gotta love that interlocking!

9. G043R

G043R Ancient

This map Was reviewed by Myself and I will post my thoughts in a blog, Thursday.

10. haruki jitsunin

haruki jitsunin Ancient

Well, go43r, I can't wait to hear what you thought of my map.

11. Bottlecap

Bottlecap Ancient

Oh and I also forgot to add that when I first started playing, the little circular bowl area amazed me, it was just so well made..

12. haruki jitsunin

haruki jitsunin Ancient

Thanks, brute captain, I actually had about 4 different level designs based on that shape, so if I decide to go back to that base, you might see some more levels that incorporate the bowl shap...

13. bib bob

bib bob Ancient

good abuse of interlocking and looks to be many bumps in the 1st pic

14. haruki jitsunin

haruki jitsunin Ancient

Thanks, bib bob, I guess...

15. CaMOfo

CaMOfo Ancient

Awesome curved hill, and no little hops? wow nice job

16. CanCerBer0

CanCerBer0 Ancient

Good Looks, Interlocking Awesome :)

5/5 Rating.
    Download

17. haruki jitsunin

haruki jitsunin Ancient

Thank you both for the download, I hope you enjoy it.

18. Vicious Vice

Vicious Vice Ghosts of Onyx

Enjoyment: 8/10
    The map plays well. There are no obvious spawn problems and no one had a bad time. However our fighting was focused in the back area of the map and very little fighting was done elsewhere. Still the map was enjoyable and no one was able to camp out a certain area. There was also a lack of close-medium range weapons leading to people to use the same weapons and lack of variation.

Balance: 8/10
    Triumph's balance is its strong point the lower areas and the upper area are all connected through many different way. Whether it be a tele-porter, a gravity lift or the jumping ledge in the back a player will have no issues getting to where they are going. The main semi circle area however is very wide open and not many dared venture out of the safety of the back area. On another note the weapons run time maxmium were all very high but with the lack of many power weapon make this not too important.

Durability: 3/10
    Sadly I was forced to mark this map down heavily in this category. There are two easily escapably sections in the back room and a large number of holes in the semi circle area leading to many lost grenades. The escape points are easily fixed and wont interfere with the level design.

Aesthetics: 7/10
    The design of the level is well put together and the interlocking is very neat in some parts. The map is symmetrical but a section or two could be moved around slightly, but they don't interfere with the gameplay. The semi-circle area looks beautiful with the fence boxes and bridge trim making it the center piece. The fenced-in area where the overshield spawns also look nice and compliments the semi-circle.

Originality: 6/10
    The most unique part as I have stated is the semi-circle area. The back area shouldn't be overlooked as it is well thought out and the 3 rear levels all look clean. Nothing is too plain or overly complicated but the lack of something unique keeps it from reciveing a higher score.

Overall score (Average of the above): 6/10
    This map doesn't really deserve a 6 its more of a 7 but the durability was a big issue. The map is quite enjoyable and is perfect for small groups of people to have fun on. The shape of the map is straightforward and leads to many fast escapes and long distance fire fights even in the enclosed back area.

19. haruki jitsunin

haruki jitsunin Ancient

Alright, mind if I ask where the escape points are, I mean you said back room, but do you mean where invisibility is or back by where the stairs are?

20. G043R

G043R Ancient

I was going to review this ..in a smaller from mat..but I am stepping away from my reviews... I don't have the present time..i thought I did..but from the observations ... its near the crane..and the other side to it...