Sandbox Trilobyte

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Titmar, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

Trilobyte *updated 3/30/09*

created by Titmar.

Download: Halo 3 File Details

Recommended Gametypes:
    this map is set up to support FFA, Team Slayer, One Flag, Multi-flag, Assault, Neutral Bomb, Oddball, and KOTH.

I personally recommend FFA, 2v2 or 3v3 Slayer, and KOTH.
    The map does support other gametypes but over the course of this map being out,
    I've found that these gametypes work the best and that flag and bomb didnt work so well.

Recommended # of Players:
    For FFA, KOTH, or Oddball, the map can support 5 - 7 people comfortably.
    Action can get chaotic in the center with more players.

For Team games, I recommend 2v2 or 3v3. I had a lot of fun with 2v2.

Weapons & Items:

4X BR
    6X SMG
    4X Plasma Rifle
    2X Carbine
    1X Shotgun (0 spare clip)
    1X Rockets (1 spare, 120)
    1X Sniper (1 spare, 120)
    1X Brute Shot (1 Spare, 120)

4X plasma nades
    4X frag nades
    1X Bubble Shield
    1X Regen
    1X Power Drain

1X Overshield
    1X Active Camo

Screenshots:

Overview of one side of Trilobyte, looking downward towards the tunnel structure. Beneath and behind this structure is shotgun spawn. The grav lift inside the structure, as well as the ramps on either side leading up, will take you to the top walkway which contains the brute shot spawn. On either walkway leading up to it, is either a power drain or regen, depending on the side you go up. The needler spawns on top of the obelisk and you have to jump to get it.

[​IMG]

A more level view of the map. On the left you can see the walkway with brute shot spawn that I just described. In the distance you can see one of the bases. Each base contains a nearby BR, SMG, frags, and carbine within a short distance. This pic is a little old and the base design has slightly evolved from this, but is essentially the same. The tube on top of the base is a man cannon that launches you to the top of the structure in the middle, where the rocket launcher spawns.

Also in this picture you can see the center room structure.

[​IMG]

Looking up at rocket spawn from the exit of one of the bases. In this shot you can also see the hallway that leads between the center room and the tunnel lift structure. BR ammo spawns along the hallway. On the bottom left of the photo you can see a tunnel corner. 3 minutes into the game the overshield / camo spawn in these tunnels (one on either side.) Be careful when going to get them though, its a dead end and you are taking a risk getting trapped in there!
    [​IMG]

This is just a slightly different angle on the hallway and tunnel structure that we saw in previous shots.
    [​IMG]

Inside the center room is this grav lift which launches you on top of the center room structure. The ceiling is made of Slit Walls, so you can shoot down at your opponents below. The jail cells are there just for aesthetics and do not contain any weapons. On the ground level, and on the second level of the center room, you can find SMG and Plasma Rifle spawns. A bubble shield spawns near the bottom of the grav lift also.
    [​IMG]

A shot of the man cannon structure and better view of the base.
    [​IMG]

Another view of the base. Again, the design was slightly altered in the final version to open up the gameplay a bit.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This shot is a view looking at the walkway that leads behind the rocket structure. A sniper rifle spawns on a platform behind here.
    [​IMG]

Another view of the center room.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Another angle on the rocket spawn structure, you can better see how the pathway that leads behind it works here.
    [​IMG]

Action Shots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SCREENSHOT UPDATE:

I decided it would be better to update this with the correct screenshot of the bases, since the screenshots originally provided were older and i had just been too lazy to take a new one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In these shots you can see that the base is actually opened up. In previous versions of the map before this one it had been closed (like in some older pics above) and it caused the gameplay to always lead and meet in the same places, because from that start point in the base you could only go one direction.

I altered the base slightly, as is visible in those pics, so that not only is there 2 directions that you can go, it also doubles as a platform to defend your base from.

Anyway, thats the only difference between the pics i posted before and the actual thing that you are getting. The map itself was not updated so no one needs to download it again, just wanted to put the proper pics up.

Download: Halo 3 File Details

Thanks to the people who helped me test it out and the suggestions that were made.

#1 Titmar, Mar 29, 2009
    Last edited: May 10, 2009
  2. Metallic Snake

Metallic Snake Ancient

well, there are a few things i really like about this. i really like the name, and its my philosophy that a good map shout be judged by its name as well as its content. allso i love your use of arches, and im wondering how you made the bars for the cells, i havnt seen bars before on sandbox, how did you do that, and obviously since its an item, which item? also the creativity is bursting from this just as it did from lucifugous. im not sure how incorporating just half the crypt will turn out, but ill have to see how that effects gameplay. this demands my download, and ill be back later with a review if i can.

#2 Metallic Snake, Mar 29, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2009
  3. Pel

Pel Ancient

That's really cool, man. I absolutely LOVE the Jail Cells, and the Center Building looks awesome too! The layout seems pretty complex, and I like that. Also, the weapon layout is good and the map looks inescapable. Nice work! 5/5! Bam!

He merged multiple "Scaffoldings" in order to make the Jail Cells. That was a very original idea you had there, Titmar.

#3 Pel, Mar 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2009
  4. FryTheSly

FryTheSly Ancient

best part about the map:
    the fricken jail cells! holy shist did thats so sick!
    i can see people making really tight cops and robbers map with that idea.

other then that the map looks very nice
    good job

5. CryptoKnight

CryptoKnight Ancient

looks sick man:::: 4.5 starz out of 3, but does any one know if you can geo merge in sandbox? and if so, is it easy? casue i dont have the maps

6. Urban Myth

Urban Myth Ancient

sick ass map man 5/5... one question tho. who the hell gave this map 2 stars??? y would you???. i'll rate it so the average can increase

7. What's A Scope?

What's A Scope? Ancient

I walked around this last night with Agamer. This map seems extremely fresh and I thought you made it feel like it's not Sandbox. Trilobyte contains some really unique stuff. There were some weird stuff there, but that's not necessarily bad. I would have done some stuff differently, but for the most part everything was cool. Everything on that map is forged to perfection. I had no problems with aesthetics with this. They have some pretty cool aesthetic touches. The jail cells are AMAZING. I like how you utilized objects such as arches. One of the coolest things is about this map is the height changes, I like those. I have never played on this, so I cannot comment on gameplay. One day I'll play some games on it. Cool map.

8. Powerslave

Powerslave Ancient

the map is well put together.
    i especially like how you made the fence thing in the 5th screenshot.
    5/5

9. wwm0nkey

wwm0nkey Ancient

VERY well done map. I love the lay out of the weapons and how the map plays. This should be featured. Best Sandbox map ive played so far. 5/5!

Everything about this map is awesome. Keep up the great work

10. R0FLninja

R0FLninja Ancient

map looks excellent, great aesthetics with the jail cells and good overall layout.

4.5/5

#10 R0FLninja, Mar 29, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2009
  11. C0RRUPTl0N

C0RRUPTl0N Ancient

Omg. It's very rare to see such creativity, I love the jail cells and admit I was stumped and had to see for my self just how you did that. But nice map, and the pics are taken from real hard angles I love that as well.

12. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

I've found that players who are new to the map tend to get a little disoriented at first when they are fighting in the central area. The multiple elevation changes / verticality of that area can be confusing in a hectic fight. Not to mention, the tilted tunnel that leads up to brute shot can disorient players a bit as well.

But at its core, this area is extremely simple in its layout, and I've found that after a few minutes or a game or two, players become accustomed to it rather well.

13. uF HaVoK

uF HaVoK Ancient

Now this is a map. Absolutely my favorite Sandbox map out so far. The interlocking is perfect, along with all of the LOS and cover. As alot of other people have said, i love the jail cells :) The only thing i can see that needs improvement is basically nothing right now lol

5/5

14. ImI METAL ImI

ImI METAL ImI Ancient

Well I was glad to see another map by Titmar posted, as I love Lucifugous. The descriptions and pics are a little difficult for me to understand though so I'll have to give this at least a forge-through before I can make a proper judgement. I'm sure it'll be great though, some pics really have me intrigued. I also have to say this is the first crypt map I've even considered DL'ing.

15. Lance001

Lance001 Ancient

Wow...this will do for a quick reminder if anyone was wondering what it takes to be Premium. Really well done, Titmanguy.

16. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

thanks=)

screenshots of the base have been updated.

17. penguin asassin

penguin asassin Ancient

please PLEASE! say that you got the spawns down, I'm still recovering from the ones on lucifourgous.

18. CO0LBEANS

CO0LBEANS Ancient

Great Job! This map plays perfectly and looks really nice as well!

19. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

Lucifugous suffered because of a mistake with the object limit and my own stupidity. Of course, i did not make that mistake again. I promise, there are more than 9 spawn points, lol.

20. Goatnuts

Goatnuts Ancient

This was fun to play ffa on earlier tonight with you and a few others. I really love all the unique structures you did, some of the most creative structures I have seen on sandbox yet. Just remember to fix that start spawn and update the map download.