Trick V1

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Mini Game Maps' started by foxhoundninja 8, Dec 9, 2008.

1. foxhoundninja 8

foxhoundninja 8 Ancient

first i would like to say that this is my first puzzle map so any suggestions would be nice.

its meant for one person and to be played on slayer with default settings it has 7 puzzles in total 3 hard 4 easy.

Bungie.net : Bungie Online : Halo 3 File Details

screenshots(i can only put 2 without giving away some of the secrets):

the start
    [​IMG]

the end
    [​IMG]

#1 foxhoundninja 8, Dec 9, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2008
  2. Chron

Chron Ancient

maybe you could show more pictures of the areas without showing how to get through

i cant really give a rating due to lack of pictures but i'll edit if u upload more

3. buddhacrane

buddhacrane Ancient

That first post is the opposite of the message in that last pic.

I don't see how adding pictures for each room can "give away the puzzle" (An excuse that has always bugged me from every puzzle maker that makes this claim). The only way that statement could be true is if, as soon as you enter the room in the game, you instantly know exactly what to do - That's how obvious the puzzle would have to be for a picture to give anything away. Even if that were the case, the picture wouldn't have made any difference; for "instant + instant still = instant" :)

It's very possible to find an angle or a point of view in a room that doesn't assist the player in solving the puzzle, but at least provides an element of scale to the overall puzzle and how many puzzles you're expected to go through. It also allows you to identify whether you are infact going through the puzzles in the correct order (A problem I face since I, more often than not, break a puzzle more easily than I find the correct route. Having pictures for reference, so I know where I've gone wrong, is very helpful)

A lack of pictures is laziness, it's as simple as that. Our generation of attention defecit disorderlies will need at least some tangible reason to download your map, some sales pitch that will win us over. (Proof in point by the fact you're probably not even bothering to read this, snap!) The easiest way to convey to us that downloading your map is worth our time is through the medium of pictures. A picture speaks a thousand words, very quickly, kinda like this "roflomg, lookatthis! Imadelotsofcoolthingsherehereandhere, andthisbitoverhereisthebestthingsincetoastonaboat. Downloadthisepicnessrightnow, oryourliveswillbeincompleteforever. Lolz!"
    But slightly easier to digest (and probably more coherent).

So, with that said, needz moar picz lol!

Oh, and while I'm at it:

You shouldn't give a rating based on pictures anyway. You can't know anything about a map (ESPECIALLY a puzzle map) based on its pictures alone. A rating, comment, review, insight, criticism or remark should be based on, at the very LEAST, a forgethrough. For any actual semi-intelligent post you should try actually playing the map. (Shock, Horror!)

4. zackj191

zackj191 Ancient

I agree wholely with buddha. You should post more pictures, in my brain I just think of it as too lazy to take the pics(the extra 2 minutes arn't really worth it are they?). I will probably download this and play it with my friends(we don't head jump or cheat though) and maybe beat it. I'll tell you what I think of it.

-zackj191

5. o1000LioNs

o1000LioNs Ancient

I get it's probably reverse psychology.Something like that.

Its not a puzzle,you go through one tele and you win.