Tribunal

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by The Devionne, Oct 25, 2010.

1. The Devionne

The Devionne Ancient

Hello! This is only my second post on forgehub but not my first forged map so feel free to let me know if i screwed something up with my post.

Tribunal represents me wanting to craft a near perfect slayer map. One that would be fitting for both balanced competitive play as well as casual chaotic action. This took a lot of testing with weapon spawn times and ammo but I think I found a balance. It may seem like there's a lot of power weapons but most have long spawn times and low ammo.

I wanted the map to be easy on the eyes but at the same time was more concerned with the gameplay itself. For the most part I think I found a balance here as well.

In play testing it was found that it proved to be a very action packed slayer map. Rarely were you without anyone to combat with, but at the same time it wasn't overbearing to establish yourself in the match. This means that getting to weapons and general spawning didn't make you mutter under your breath or shout into the mic.

The map does support other gametypes and is entertaining with them but slayer is the true beast this map was designed for.

I consider this map to be my best yet. However I am very open to constructive criticism so please let me know of anything you think should be changed/added/removed. Also feel free to say good things! ;)

Power weapons:
    Sniper rifle-1
    Rocket launcher-1
    Grenade launcher-1
    Sword-1
    Concussion rifle-1

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#1 The Devionne, Oct 25, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
  2. Neon1129

Neon1129 Forerunner

From the pictures this looks like a very nice map. I will dl and play it with some friends tonight.

My only suggestion is making some kind of rail or circle around the "grass spots"

3. o LiGHTNiNG o

o LiGHTNiNG o Ancient

I agree, but he might not have much budget or many items left to work with. And the map isn't going to suffer without this addition.

Great map, DL'd.

4. The Devionne

The Devionne Ancient

Ya I considered that but was saving it for last because I wasn't sure if I wanted that large of an obstruction in the middle of the map. In the end I didn't have the pieces to really make it worth it.

[br][/br]
    Edited by merge:

I changed the spawn time of some of the weapons. Unfortunately I do not have the budget to do anything with the center and there's not much else that I can delete without taking from the map.

#4 The Devionne, Oct 31, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2010