Tri-Base Attack (Beta)

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by SargeantSarcasm, Dec 9, 2007.

1. SargeantSarcasm

SargeantSarcasm In Loving Memory

Ok. I know the concept of the "impenetrable fortress" has been done to death, especially on Last Resort, but mine is very different. Instead of relying on mere luck or extraordinary amounts of skill, waiting and stupidity on the part of the base defender, my map uses a base capture system. This is my attempt at a multi-purpose map that works for CTF, Territories and Infection, VIP, Slayer...etc. THIS IS THE BETA VERSION. I will be releasing the full version to bungie once i am confident enough that it is fun and that I can submit it for entry into Forge Hub.

Attackers- 16 BRs, 5 Splazers, 5 Rocket Launchers, and 2 Sniper Rifles at spawn
    Defenders-8 Shotguns (4 at both ALPHA, BRAVO) and 10 ARs (5 at both ALPHA, BRAVO)

all weapons set to 10 respawn

GAMETYPES
    -CTF: Flag spawns in the main base
    -Territories: Sniper Tower, Alpha, Bravo, and main base are territories
    -Slayer: default with weapons seen above placed on map
    -Infection:Decomposition
    Zombies: 200% speed, 75% gravity, no shields
    Humans: normal speed/gravity
    Last Man: 200% speed, 100% gravity, 2x shields (50% recharge time)

There are 3 bases for the defenders.

Defender Spawn: In main base.

[​IMG]

Attacker Spawn: At the beach, quick access to mongooses and warthog (for CTF, Slayer, etc)

[​IMG]

The Main Base: Stereotypical base that is almost ::cough cough:: impossible to get into.

[​IMG]

Theres only one way in...

[​IMG]

Blockade of the two other entrances (removal pending, based on whether it is fair or not)

[​IMG]

Explosive barrels...now ya can't ride the ferris wheel, so thats not an option...

[​IMG]

The only way into the base is through the defensive barriers that are the bases. Each is progressively harder than the last, however, there is always at least 3 ways into the base, some you need to be quick, others you needta be clever, and some you just need to have dumb luck or have suicidal tendencies. In order to truly succeed, the attackers need to harness their forces and assault each base in succession, while the defenders send forces to each base and attempt to stay off the attacking legion. There is a sniper base from which the defenders can pick off the attacking forces, if captured, the Attackers will have sniper support while their people are attacking the other bases. If Base Alpha falls, then another route of assault is available to the attackers into Base Bravo, leaving yet another access point to their downfall. Once the second base falls, the defenders must make a final stand at the fortress...

Teleporters to Bases: Located in the main base, to the right of Defender Spawn, these one-way teleporters lead to the Sniper Base, Base Alpha, and Base Bravo (in that respective order)

[​IMG]

Sniper Base: Smallest, most dangerous base from which both factions may provide sniper support for their respective teams. The backside is covered by exploding fusion coils, however, that does not mean there aren't multiple ways up.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Base Alpha: A small base at Camp Froman which has 2 turrets and barriers which divide the assault into lines, the bottom half is blocked off due to a teleporter to Base Bravo. There is a small nook directly to the right (if facing the Camp Froman sign) from which the attacking snipers may kill turret defenders.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Base Bravo: A harder base to infiltrate, and Base 1 must (at least almost) always be captured first in order to take this base.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Once again, I'm emphasizing the fact that there are at least 3 ways into for each base (except the main base).

To put it in layman's terms...

Defender: Go from the main base to one of the 3 bases (Sniper, Alpha, Bravo). You defend them until its game over or until it is overrun with Attackers (which is more likely)
    The SNIPER base is easiest to overthrow, with Alpha following, Bravo after that and ultimately the fortress (the place where you spawn)

Attacker: Attack the 3 bases in an attempt to overthrow the fortress (CTF on CTF, capture territories...etc.) It is best to take the SNIPER base first because it is the easiest to do so. From there, someone could cover the attackers who are assaulting ALPHA (because BRAVO is harder) once ALPHA is captured, the attackers are provided with yet another route to capture BRAVO (via teleport) and ultimately the main fortress once BRAVO is taken (because you can use the bridge)

And I posted it even though I'm not finished because I need playtesters later tonight and I want to provide a link for them so they know what they're signing up for.

Hope that clears things up.

I'll post a few more pics in a few hours of the flag spawn (for CTF) among other things (defender/human spawn, attacker/zombie spawn, etc.) detail where each territory will be, and provide more insight into the gametype that accompanies the map.

Please lemme know what you guys think of the concept and whatnot. I needta have it perfect before I release it and apply for Forge Hub membership. Beta testing on the map will be a little later tonight once I figure out a few new ideas for the map, so tell me if you'd wanna participate.

My other map, Decomposition is found on forge hub (link is in the name) if you want an example of my other work.

Adieu,
    SargeantSarcasm

EDIT: Bam. Fix-ed! -Lance

#1 SargeantSarcasm, Dec 9, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2008
  2. ROC bioflame

ROC bioflame Ancient

Re: Tri-Base Attack (Beta Testing)

Wow this looks fun...looks like u spent alot of time on that.

3. scardypoopoo

scardypoopoo Ancient

From the description and pics I can't tell whats going on or where your supposed to go. Why did you post this anyway if its not finished?

4. Fbu

Fbu Ancient

That makes it a lot clearer, might be fun for territories.

5. SargeantSarcasm

Re: Tri-Base Attack (BETA /w Pics)

is there anyway to remove that last post and just add it to the main one (like take off the "laymans terms explanation" and add it to the post with the pics)

and ya, im tryin to make it multipurpose, for some reason "goals" in my menu doesnt have ANYTHING in it...im afraid i might haveta redo the whole map :/

anyone know howta fix either problem?

thanks

6. Fbu

Fbu Ancient

Copy & Paste. Then get a mod to delete it.

7. SargeantSarcasm

haha alright, thanks

i didnt wanna sound redundant. :p

8. scardypoopoo

scardypoopoo Ancient

or just modify both posts so you can just copy and paste

9. Fitzypatrick413

Fitzypatrick413 Ancient

this looks pretty fun, i will try it ;)

10. SargeantSarcasm

anyone wanna test it? im thinkin an hour, maybe even less than that.

11. Lone Deity

Lone Deity Ancient

New idea, nice!

12. SargeantSarcasm

thanks, i just finished puttin weapons, territories and the flag down. i think its ready for testing!

13. ValorousBob

ValorousBob Ancient

Re: Tri-Base Attack (BETA updated /w Pics)

This map looks really cool and looks well made, i'll definately download it.

14. scardypoopoo

scardypoopoo Ancient

Sweet I like the new pictures and clears it up a lot. I'll download when its available.

15. SargeantSarcasm

thanks for the cool comments ya guys.

I haven't playtested it yet, but if you guys wanna DL it, its in my fileshare... i need the feedback anyways. so heres a link if you want to try it out, please keep in mind its in the BETA... still probably alotta kinks to work out, and when i get ideas on what works and what doesn't i'll be sure to address em on an update.

heres a link to my fileshare since i still haven't published it to the bungie.net forums:
    Top Slot in Fileshare

16. Grif

Grif Na'vi Tits

Nice, this looks like a quality game!

17. SargeantSarcasm

thanks, it took me a while to get the concept just right and make it widely accessible

18. scardypoopoo

scardypoopoo Ancient

Queued it up

19. Zero Regretz

Zero Regretz Ancient

im not really into zombie maps but it looks like u spent alot of time on it, the only question is: is it fair for the zombies ???

20. Lance001

Lance001 Ancient

Jah, the fairness I would question. Not because the map looks unfair (it just looks rough and tough, whoop whoop!), but because I've played so many blasted stupid ZOMGZ SOMBIEZ CAN'T WEN HAHA maps. I'll give it a try, though, because I heart you.