Trenched

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by Maztor, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Maztor

Maztor Forerunner

UPDATED TO V2!!!
    After having a playtest in a few gametypes and taking feedback from here I have updated Trenched to its newest version.
    Here are the before and after loadout cams for comparison:[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Changes include:
    -Shotgun spare clips changed from 1 to 0
    -Sniper spare clips changed from 1 to 0
    -All DMRs spare clips changed from 2 to 1
    -CTF Flags moved into the bases from the roof, capture points remain on the roof
    -KoTH hills added to both sniper platforms
    -KoTH kill sizes increased on top of roofs
    -Increased cover on top floor
    -Colored panels above bases for even easier location awareness
    -More aesthically pleasing roof ramps.

Picture showing the new base:
    [​IMG]

After stressing day and night over the design of my next map I had a dream one night of a map similar to beaver creek, but instead of a river running through, there was instead a hill and a single trench through the center.

That morning I set off to forgeworld to craft this map. My girlfriend joined in and we had the entire map built and set for everything within the day. Overall I was happy how it turned out.
    Next I will post a more BTB map, a first for me. Then another map that my girlfriend designed that I built today.

Now the goods:
    Rendered video
    Bungie.net : Halo Reach : File Details

RED SPAWN VIEW
    [​IMG]

Both teams spawn inside their bases looking at eachother.

[​IMG]
    The bases each have 3 ways in, making a "T" shape. With ramps up on each side

[​IMG]
    To the side of the bases are long ramps leading down to a small room
    [​IMG]

Inside the room is the trench openings
    [​IMG]

There are also windows looking into the rooms above the trench openings
    [​IMG]

Above the trench are bridges across from each bases courtyards
    [​IMG]
    With sniper platforms looking over
    [​IMG]

Above the trench is also a curved walkway from base to base
    [​IMG]

WEAPONS:
    DMR x4
    Shotgun x2
    Sniper rifle x2
    Rocket launcher x1
    Plasma pistol x2
    Frag grenade x4
    Plasma grenade x4

Medkits x4

I hope you all enjoy Trenched, and any feedback is appreciated.

#1 Maztor, Mar 26, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2011
  2. hollow123

hollow123 Forerunner

hmmm... I like the concept but much of it feels to small and seems like you would get lost to easy, but still love this map! :D

3. Maztor

Maztor Forerunner

The map is very simple to figure out, but the size was meant for a close fought 4v4 CTF or slayer match much like beaver creek was.
    The trench rooms and roof to roof combat should lengthen firefights though.

4. A Space 0strich

A Space 0strich Forerunner

add some obvious colour demarcations between each side and this is perfect

5. konradtacular

konradtacular Forerunner

this map is pretty cool. I love the trench idea. Just wondering do the trenches add another floor to the map? Anyway pro map.

6. Mulelish21

Mulelish21 Forerunner

Looks fun I agree with the color suggestion above. Also were do the shotguns spawn because weapon placement is huge on maps like these, I like your snipers placement btw. Good work, even though I'm a little pissed that you used the name crossfire to one of your early maps, I was hoping to use it but all well.

7. Maztor

Maztor Forerunner

Ah, very sorry. I was having difficulty thinking of a name for it. But the shotguns spawn at the stop of the ramp going down to the trench side room, so just outside to the left of the bases.

And yes the trench adds another level slightly, there are 2 rooms on each end of it that lead up to the bases so they do add some dimension and better gameplay

8. MyWhiteFlag

MyWhiteFlag Forerunner

Snipers on the top floor is just a terrible idea. Just the top floor in general is lacking in cover, the better sniper can easily lock down the entire floor. I would recommend a lot more cover on the top floor, maybe remove the snipers. I can't see the point in travelling to the trench as well, not enough exits or entrances.
    The map is very small, I'm thinking rockets would be overkill, how much ammo is in it?
    There are quite a few medikits on the map as well, most Bungie maps have only one.
    Finally, test a map before you post it. Try the testers guild if you can't get enough people. Just my 2 cents.

9. Maztor

Maztor Forerunner

I dont recall off the top of my head how much ammo is in the snipers but I did make sure to lower it and add a longer respawn. The sniper was place in the middle so the user can stay on the block or head to the roof. Although yes there is not much cover up top (this and color will be fixed for sure) I still felt like the sniper had its place on the map. As for the trench, there are 3 ways in, both base sides and in the middle, but the top IS too far to jump so without jetpacks you only have 2 exits but it is meant to be the "safe but long" way from base to base as it provides cover from said sniper.
    The rockets also only 2 shots in it, so one to take out the pesky sniper and one for enemies under the bridge, or sneaking through the trench,etc

The amount of health packs was caused by me wanting to have 1 for defense and 1 for offense on both sides.
    But testing is an issue with me, friends list is lacking in halo players so I am forced to try to gather randoms and most are 10 year olds who only wanna play infection. I will try the testers guild with my next map though, thank you for pointing me there.