Traxus Co. v1.8

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Casual Maps' started by Fbu, Dec 2, 2007.

1. Fbu

Fbu Ancient

Re: Traxus Co. (New version out!)

~Moved to casual (Shock or someone must have put this in the wrong place)

I also wanted to freshen up this section so it isn't full of foundry maps. ;)

2. Stolenpoo

Stolenpoo Ancient

sweet this looks awesome. its great when the old maps come back new.

3. Kronos

Kronos Ancient

The story and the text is excellent.
    But when I played the map, Sorry, but I thought it sucked.
    I played it in forge, but I'm assuming you spawn near the mongeese?
    From there, you can just drive basically. . .everywhere. There's some scenery past the beach, but other than that I don't see much of anything.
    It's not straight-forward. You don't know where to go from the spawn unless someone tells you. I couldn't even find the armory in the building, the beach, the wheel, or froman or anything. I found a few places with weapons, but no armory. And you mentioned something about the waste in the factory? All I saw was some crates and ONE wall to stop you from getting in.

It REALLY just seemed like a map with weapons re-arranged with added scenery.
    scenery. Not anything like a base.
    If I could, I would rate it 0/5.

You put a lot of effort into the story/description and explained the map well. But the actual map just seems mostly empty.
    Now I might be missing something obvious, if you think I am, please point that out, but if I'm not, I really didn't like the map.

5/5 Story
    0/5 Map
    Maybe it didn't load right or something? I don't know, but I think this is the only negative comment here.

Unless I just think differently, someone NEEDS to explain why this is such a great map.

4. opothehippo

opothehippo Ancient

People love this map because it reminds them of Halo 2 zombies. I know that you've probaly seen a bunch of overpowered human floating base maps that you think are better. This is halo 2 zombies not halo 3, so you cant compare it to any other map.

5. !nikheizen

!nikheizen Ancient

I can't see any of the pics.
    Bandwidth Exceeded is the apparent culprit...
    Opo, instead of trying to penalize him for not liking the map and jumping to the assumption that he didn't like the map because it wasn't a floating base with teleporters and zombies you could have instead told him WHY people enjoy Halo 2 zombies more than Halo 3 zombies.
    He said he didn't like it, because he thought it was sparse.
    Unfortunately he never actually played it Infection style and couldn't get a real good taste of it and for that I think he also jumped the gun.
    But your comment will probably just serve to disease him and won't change his opinion.
    People like this map, because it is balanced, but the humans CAN survive forever if they are very skilled, and it forces the zombies to use teamwork in order to win, instead of just charging and hoping that they don't die.

6. Kronos

Kronos Ancient

Opo, Your right, I'd rather have a base, but when I make maps like that, I make sure there are several ways in. However, I don't like games where the zombies run at 300% with grav hammers. I'm basically confused because: in the story it seems like a pretty straight-forward map, but It's not that easy to figure out where to go when you play it.
    ___
    I want to point out that I don't like overpowered-floating-human-bases with teleporters.
    ___

7. Papaqueso

Papaqueso Ancient

This map looks really well done and thought out. I love maps were there are different stages and this one really encompasses everything this map has to offer, Great work, i'm definately gonna dl it.

8. Fbu

Fbu Ancient

Sorry I was at a LAN all weekend and didn't have time to reply =p

Heres the thing, I think you were expecting a completly different map. I'm sorry if the story made you think this was a linear map. You've already said you want one base with multiple ways in and such, but this wasn't that kind of map. In Halo 2 (or many other zombie mod games like Counter Strike: Source or Zombie Panic: Source) the humans break up into groups and defend different points. You have many many points so you can switch up where you defend each time, creating more game play from just one map. While one base maps are fun I wanted to create a map that you could keep playing without getting bored in the first 2 games. In halo 2 there wasn't any forge, so people would find little niches to hide or camp, each with their own weaknesses; but now with forge the only zombie maps I see are one base ones. I just wanted to create the old halo 2 feel, while making the map balanced with fair weapon distribution (They aren't just thrown around trust me >.>) I'm not going to force you to love the map, but you can't compare it to something it's not.
    Thanks opo and Turbo for trying to explain what I was getting at.

Photos are back up, didn't know that my bandwidth went out =(

9. x blade x68

x blade x68 Ancient

Re: Traxus Co. v2.0

Its ok

10. TheRafa

TheRafa Ancient

Too true. All too often forge maps lack true style or detail. It's understandable when all you resources are needed for that giant fort of doom, but the little touches make the maps. Good job.

11. sparten45

sparten45 Ancient

Hey this is a really great map and I agree about the whole sandtrap super fast invisible zombies. FR?!?!?!?

12. Insane54

Insane54 Ancient

one of the best zombies maps evur. :squirrel_wtf:

13. Blood Enigma

Blood Enigma Ancient

Qued..love ur story line

14. Agamer

Agamer Ancient

very very good description if not given such a good description i would be clueless about this good map

15. Insane54

Insane54 Ancient

this game is how infection is meant to be played...actually, i want to get a game together if we can...i might send out invites and try to get one today or tommorow..

16. abixenator

abixenator Ancient

I like it. Very well done.

17. Blood Enigma

Blood Enigma Ancient

:squirrel_jaffa:pew Pew! Playing with 16 people on this pwns some hardcore!

18. Insane54

Insane54 Ancient

i just realized i have v1.7 and this says v2.0...did you make a newer version ever?

19. American10

American10 Ancient

20. Pennywiez

Pennywiez Ancient

wow big post but good idea and map